Chapter 19- 1st Stage

Chapter 19

1st Stage

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

WHY?

Frea was slumped over the side of the boat that was heading toward Tenrou Island for the Exams. Her eyes were shut tight and she let out a low groan, her stomach was tossing over and over...

"Tell me we're almost there...!?" Frea whined and she was aware of someone walking up behind her.

"You cant handle transportation like the Pyro?" Gray asked and she sighed.

"Trains... Magic-Mobiles... Flying... I can handle those, but boats..." She huffed and let out another groan. "I hate boats..." She mumbled. They had been aboard the ship for at least two hours now, and she didn't even notice the blaring sun, she felt like shit... She frowned, "Put some damn clothes on Gray!" She growled, knowing all to well he wasn't wearing any with how hot it was.

"Hmph... Wimp..." A voice growled lowly from somewhere behind her.

"Just because I'm on this boat and I feel like shit, that wont keep me from kicking your ass, Gajeel!" Frea snarled as she quickly whirled around and fixed a very scary look on the Iron Dragon, who sweatdropped, along with everybody at just how scary she looked.

"Lets not start fighting until the actual Exam starts..." Loke murmured with a nervous smile and she switched a very annoyed look on the Lion Spirit, before huffing and leaning back over the side of the boat.

"I don't even want to fucking be here..." Frea hissed under her breath as she glared down at the rolling waves.

"We're almost there Teach." Chase's voice reached her ears. Frea glanced to the side, to see an oddly shaped Island approaching.

"It is said that Fairies once lived on that Island." Frea turned her head to see Master walk out wearing a flower-print shirt and shorts. "And the Guild's first Master, Mavis Vermilion's grave rests on this Island." He told them and Frea blinked in mild surprise. "The First Stage of the Exam is about to start!"

"First Stage?" Wendy asked.

"The Exam is usually made up of several different stages." Mest, her partner explained.

Master pointed a hand toward the Island. "You will all travel there, to that column of smoke." Master explained as he pointed out a funnel of smoke lifting up into the sky at the edge of the Island. "There you will find nine passageways, and this is what will happen." He held his arm out to his right and a screen appeared. There was a network of paths, two reading 'Calm', two reading 'Battle', and three reading 'Pitched Battle' with Erza, Gildarts, and Mira's faces on them.

Chase walked over slowly to stand beside her, hands tucked into the pockets of his tan shorts, sleeveless light blue shirt with darker blue stripes sticking to his chest from sweat, silver locket tucked into his shirt, and bracelet of black and white beads shone in the sun from where it hung on his wrist. His dark hair was left messy and he was wearing black sandals.

"Why do I have the feeling those 'Pitched Battles' are harder than the others?" He asked quietly and she nodded slightly.

"Each passage can only be traveled by one team. The Battle paths will lead together two teams that must fight until only one remains if they wish to continue. The Pitched Battle paths will lead you too one of our three S-Class Mages, and you must beat them to continue." Master smiled when a few of his contestants sweatdropped at the thought. "The Calm paths will lead you straight through without having to fight." Master explained.

That means at most seven teams will pass... and at the worst, only four will pass through to the next round...

Frea took a deep breath, trying to ignore the discomfort in her stomach. Master swept his gaze over all of them, and smirked. Frea and Chase glanced sideways at each other, and they both nodded slightly.

"The First Stage begins now!" Master yelled.

Frea and Chase whipped around in seconds as they both jumped over the railing of the boat in unison. Frea smirked as he feet left the boat and they both dove down into the water. She had changed into a black bikini that had silver specks dotting it, they looked like stars, earlier with black sandals earlier when she had started to get hot. Her bag was strapped to her back with extra clothes and other things she might need, and she smiled knowing the Bag was enchanted to keep her things from getting wet.

The Pair broke the surface and started to swim toward the Island together, staying close to each other.

"Runes?!" Someone yelled behind them and they saw Freed and Bickslow fly over their heads.

"Don't worry, they'll wear off in five minutes!" Freed called back to the boat as he and Bickslow sped off. Frea and Chase pushed on, reaching Tenrou in little time and stepping out of the water.

As soon as they set foot on the Island they both froze for a minute. The ground...

"Magic Power is coming from the ground..." They both murmured. The entire Island was radiating with a large amount of Magic Power. It was strong, but why would an Island have so much power...? Frea shrugged it off and glanced Chase's way, and he nodded a little. They set off and Frea walked at Chase's shoulder and wrung the water from her hair as she walked. As the Passageways came into sight, Frea pulled her hair up into a messy bun, leaving two strips of hair and her bangs loose like she usually did and they stopped.

Both Energy Mage's swept their gazes across the passageways before them, all had a sign out front reading off a letter from A-I. The entrance to path B was blocked off and a large red 'X' floated over the entrance.

"That must be where Bickslow and Freed went.." Chase murmured and Frea nodded. "Which one do you wanna take, Teach?" He asked and she shrugged.

"I don't know... give me a minute." She murmured and pulled some clothes from her bag. She pulled on a pair of black short shorts over her swimsuit and a black shirt with no sleeves and a hood. Chase had been staring at the paths with narrowed eyes and he glanced over when she was ready,

"I can feel Energy Signature's coming from A,C,D and E." He told her and she nodded, noticing the same thing. Frea walked forward and sniffed at the entrance to the a tunnel with a sign reading, 'I'. She couldn't smell any fresh air coming from the inside. She narrowed her eyes and sniffed at the entrance to G and H. The two had a similar scent, like the air mixed somewhere inside.

"Alright... G and H smell like they connect somewhere, while I and F don't smell like they connect anywhere..." Frea murmured. "Lets head down this one, and hopefully my nose, and your Energy Senses are right." She smiled as she lead the way toward the tunnel labeled 'I'.

Chase nodded and the two entered the tunnel, the entrance was soon blocked off as a red 'X' appeared over the entrance, and the two Mages disappeared into the darkness of the tunnel.