Chapter 7- New Kid

Chapter 7

New Kid

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

The next day, Frea had walked to Fairy Tail and she was now laying on the bench she was usually found at, arms crossed under her head, and knees propped up on the bench. Her silver gaze was fixed on the Guild's roof as she listened to everyone talk around her. Everyone was in a good mood from what she could tell, and the positive emotions filling up the Guild were enough to confirm that.

She narrowed her eyes slightly, she could smell an unfamiliar scent on the air, and it was faint, so she guessed whoever it belonged to wasn't particularly close to the Guild. The thing that was getting her though, was the fact that she sort of recognized the scent. Though she couldn't put a name or face to it, she definitely felt as if she had smelled it before, but where?

It wasn't exactly easy to detect, not with all the familiar scents of her Guild and liquor floating in the air. Frea sighed,first those two Energy Signatures here in the guild, now this scent I know, but don't at the same time?

It was confusing, and a bit irritating, she really felt like she should recognize it, but still she couldn't think of who it was. She took a deep breath and concentrated on that one scent. It was getting stronger, as if whoever it was getting closer to Fairy Tail. It had the sweet grassy smell of meadows, surrounded by the musty smell of trees, and another thing... It was sort of light smell, reminding her of water and wind at the same time.

Huh... that's a little interesting, I've never scented something like that before... In all honesty, it had tinges of a scent that reminded her of Chaitanya, though she wasn't exactly sure why, but she knew it wasn't the Energy Dragon. Why would she show up after all this time? But even knowing that it wasn't, it still made her feel a little sad and disappointed. She missed her Foster Mother, though she would never admit it out loud. She knew that Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy must feel the same way, and they too would probably never admit it out loud. Though Frea could tell, she had always been able to tell when the other three Dragon Slayer's were thinking of their adoptive parents, the way their eyes suddenly looked so sad, and the sudden fall in cheeriness at their memories.

She knew she must look the same way when she thought about Chaitanya.

Frea shook the thoughts away, she hated dwelling on sad feelings, better to just push forward and move on. Hopefully she would be able to really get over losing Chaitanya... eventually.

She let out a long sigh and closed her eyes for a minute, pushing the strange and familiar scent to the back of her mind. Sitting up she got to her feet and lifted her arms above her in a stretch, glancing over at the Request Board. Hmm... I might as well just take a job, I need to do something... She didn't bother to walk toward the board, even at this distance she could read the Job requests rather easily, as she scanned her silver gaze over the papers searching for a good one. She didn't look away from her reading as she heard the Guild hall doors open. She expected it to just be someone coming back from a job, but she paused when she noticed several people in the Hall had gone silent.

She turned slowly toward the doors and let her arms drop from her stretching, as she laid eyes on who was standing in the entrance.

A young man who looked about Lucy's age, with a similar hair style to Gray's, though this guys hair was a way darker shade of black than the Ice-mage's. He was wearing black pants with black boots and a sleeveless light blue shirt, a bracelet of black and white beads hung on his right wrist, and a silver locket necklace tucked into his shirt. Frea narrowed her eyes, why did this kid look so familiar? The boy was holding a sack slung over his shoulder, and his deep blue eyes were sweeping over the hall.

Master Makarov walked up to the boy and gave him a smile, "Hello, how may I help you?" Makarov asked and the young man looked down at him.

"I'm looking for Frea." The boy answered, his face neutral. Frea stiffened slightly as her name was spoken, and she walked over slowly to stand at Makarov's shoulder. The kid was almost as tall as her, being only a few inches shorter.

"You found me." She answered and looked at her calmly for a moment, before he dropped his sack on the floor beside him.

"My name is Chase." He told her and bowed to her, "I ask that you accept me as your apprentice, and teach me your Magic." He murmured. Frea froze, she had never even thought someone would ask her that.

She was aware that everyone in the Guild had gone silent by now, and silence stretched out as she thought about her answer.

This kid, he had no idea how hard learning Energy Magic was. Frea had been lucky enough to have a master, and a dragon at that, to teach her Magic. It had taken her years to learn even the basics, and more years of experimentation on her own to get where she was now.

I suppose there might be a reason it took so long for me to learn it though... Considering I had to develop my skills from nothing... She thought,

Master Makarov was glancing up at Frea, wondering about what was going through the young woman's head. She seemed shocked at the young man's request, and he too was a little surprised.

Her continued silence caused Chase to straighten up and look at her. Frea stared into his deep blue eyes, she could see him silently pleading her to say something, he was hoping for her to say yes. She was a little hesitant though, she wasn't exactly sure what to think.

What on Earth had caused him to seek her, of all the Mage's in Fiore, to choose as a Teacher?

Frea took a step forward and silently pressed her index finger against his forehead. She was concentrating on the young man's Energy Signature, without using 'Energy Sense'. She often found it a lot easier to read someone if she could actually get close to them, or even touch them. She was trying to sort through all the different emotions running through him, get a sense of how much Magic Power he had, how strong he was.

But at the moment, she was looking for one thing in particular. That one thing that Chaitanya had told her was essential if someone wanted to learn Energy Magic. If this kid didn't have it, he didn't stand a chance of learning anything.

Frea thought as she stared into his deep blue eyes with her own silver ones, concentrating.

Would she be able to teach this kid? Would he learn anything? Would he even be able to handle it, or do it at all?

"I want to see what you can do first, before I decide." She finally spoke and she noticed he looked a little put off. She drew her finger away from his forehead. "You have to understand, Energy Magic isn't something just anyone can learn, I need to see if you have a chance first." She explained and his expression turned hard, looking up at her with determination.

"Alright," he said firmly and she turned,

"Come on, better do this outside." She told Chase over her shoulder as she lead the young man out of the back doors of the hall, along with more than half of Fairy Tail. The boy stayed close to her, and she noticed he didn't look to thrilled to have so many strange Mages following to watch.

Frea stopped in the center of the open space overlooking the ocean at the back of the Guild. Chase stopped in front of her while the rest of Fairy Tail circled around them. Frea was sweeping her silver gaze up and down Chase, who she noticed looked a little nervous under her gaze.

"Natsu, Gajeel!" Frea yelled without taking her gaze off of Chase. The two she had called walked over and stood on either side of her,

"What do you want, Silver?" Gajeel asked.

"I want you," she started and pointed a finger at Chase. "To go after him, but be gentle, try not to hurt him too much." Chase sweatdropped and the two older men smirked, turning exceptionally scary gazes on him.

"This is gonna be fun." Natsu grinned and cracked his knuckles.

"You said it Salamander." Gajeel said and laughed his weird laugh. Frea smiled at Chase who turned a nervous look on her.

"I hope you have some skill kid, you're about to go up against two Dragon Slayers." Frea told him and he gulped, immediately jumping out of the way as Natsu threw a flaming fist at him. "Three if I decide to join in!" She yelled out to him.