Chapter 23- The Tree Falls

Chapter 23

The Tree Falls

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Frea looked up as the sky started to darken and the wind picked up, chill and bringing the cold scent of rain with it. What were they going to do?

Frea let out a silent sigh as her eyes closed and she crossed her arms over her chest, stifling a wince. There was definitely a few ribs cracked or broken. Her entire body ached from the explosion, and her side stung where she had received a pretty deep slash in her side.

She wasn't in good shape, but she was happy Chase didn't seem too beat up. Her silver eyes opened back up again, and she glanced down at Jynx who was watching her in silence.

"Whose in the worst shape Jynx? Anywhere we can help out?" She asked and Jynx blinked a few times.

"One moment." Jynx replied as she disappeared into a purple haze. Frea sighed when she noticed Chase was casting quick glances back and forth at her,

"Geez kid... Stop worrying already, I'm fine." She sighed and he frowned.

"Your not ok." He argued. "Your beat up more than your letting on, even you can't go on with serious wounds." He protested and she smirked.

"You'd be surprised." She replied and he blinked in confusion. "I can take heavy damage pretty well." She smiled, her fangs flashing at him.

Chase didn't look like he believed her, but Frea shrugged it off. She was used to pain, used to getting hurt, and definitely used to feeling like shit by now. She perked up as Jynx reappeared,

"Lucy is fighting with Happy and Fire Dragon against one of the Seven Kin named Hikaru. Juvia is fighting against another of the Seven Kin named Meredy, and Gray is tracking Ultear. Cana is traveling alone, toward Mavis's grave." Jynx explained. "Erza is traveling alone as well."

"Are they all ok?" Frea asked.

"Everyone is pretty beat up and pretty far away, but they don't seem to be having trouble yet." Jynx replied. Frea nodded in understanding,

"Should we just head to camp, Teach?" Chase asked and Frea took a minute to think about it. Maybe it would be better to regroup...

Frea nodded, "I think its better to regroup, so yeah we'll head to camp." She glanced down at Jynx. "Do you know which way it is? Usually we would search them out with our magic..." Frea trailed off and sighed.

"The Island is messing with our Energy Senses." Chase out in and Jynx switched her gaze back and forth between both.

"I know the way, yes." Jynx replied as she started walking. "And I know why your Magic is being affected." Frea and Chase glanced each other a way as they caught up with Jynx.

"You do?" Chase asked and Jynx nodded.

"The Tenrou Tree standing in the Center of the Island." Jynx began, "It is feeding Magic Energy into the Island, and you two are extremely sensitive, so the extreme amount of power will interfere with your Sensing Abilities." Jynx murmured.

Frea narrowed her eyes, Tenrou Tree... Why did she feel as if there was something about the tree she should know about...? She perked up once she remembered,

"Is that Divine Protection rumor about the Tree, true Jynx?" Frea asked and Jynx nodded. Chase blinked in confusion,

"Divine Protection?" He asked.