Chapter 36- Favor

Chapter 36

Favor

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Frea smiled as she saw the grin spread across Chase's face as the two of them made their way in to town. She had decided to go on a job on with the young man, taking a break from trying to read the 'Energy Magic' book Jynx had given her. The mission had been rather simple, all they had been needed to do was take down a large group of bandits that had been raiding a town up in the mountains. She had decided after the Brawl-Fest that she needed a break from everything, and she knew that even if Chase was curious as to why she had been gone for a week, he had enough sense not to ask her, he would wait until she was ready to talk.

That attitude was opposite of everyone else in the Guild, Natsu especially. If she hadn't gone on this job, Natsu could very well have been seriously hurt by her, she could only handle his pestering so long. She had however, knocked him clean through a few trees before she left because he had been in her face constantly.

The sun was setting behind them, they had arrived late after the three days they had been gone and she let out a silent sigh.

Back to reading I suppose...

"I'm heading home Teach, this was fun." Chase told her and cast her a wide smile as they came to a stop. "We should do job's together more often, see ya!" He called as he headed away and she watched him go with her own smile.

"See ya, kid!" She called after him and she chuckled a little when she heard him sigh in frustration.

"I'm not a kid..." Chase mumbled as he disappeared around a corner and she turned her back in the direction he had gone. She hooked her arms behind her back as she started to walk forward, but instead of heading toward her home, she veered off to the side to walk around town first. She didn't feel like heading home yet, and the part of town where the houses were more spread out a and a small river canal ran through the neighborhoods, seemed like a nice place to take a short walk.

She continued to make her way down the sidewalks as the building spread out and grass started to pop up here and there. The canal running through this part of the city flowed by slowly and more birds flew in the sky above her. Not many people were seen in the streets now that the sun was continuing to go down, and she paused in her walking to see Gildarts standing alone on one of the small bridges crossing over the canal, staring into the water passing by under him.

She blinked in surprise to see him looking to be deep in thought, and even from here she could tell his demeanor was off. He seemed oddly thoughtful and silent today, and she couldn't help but wonder why.

She turned off her current path to head his way, and she slowly stepped up on to the small bridge to get closer.

"What's up with you?" She asked and flinched when he jumped in surprise at the sound of her voice.

"Oh.. It's you, you startled me." He sighed and she tilted her head a little.

"Sorry, but what's got you looking so serious? I can tell something's bothering you." She told him and Gildarts looked her over for a minute before smiling a little and letting out a sigh.

"Makarov's going to be announcing me as the new Guild Master tomorrow." He told her and Frea blinked in surprise, before giving her own smile.

"Your not going to do it, are you?" She asked and smiled a little more at his sheepish grin.