Chapter 9- First Day

Chapter 9

First Day

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

"Alright kid, time to go." Frea glanced over at the young man walking toward her slowly. He looked tired and a little annoyed, and a bit more when she called him kid. Who wouldn't be annoyed? She had woken him up before the sun had even risen, and still hasn't. Pale light was settled over Magnolia, and the sky was growing lighter where the sun would be rising in another hour or so. She didn't mind waking up so early if it was her decision, now had someone woken her up this early without her consent, she would have punched them through a wall and gone back to sleep.

"Why...?" Chase mumbled, and Frea didn't miss the complaining tone in his voice, and she smirked.

"You're my apprentice now, that means you do as I say, and you better not complain about it. But before we get into Magic, you have to toughen up first." She explained. "So we're going on a trip, a long trip. Got enough stuff packed?" She asked and he nodded sleepily. He had an extremely stuffed bag on his shoulders, and she smiled.

Frea turned and started walking, "Then start walking." She called over her shoulder and he followed slowly. They walked, and walked, and walked. By the time it was noon they were still walking. Neither of them had said a word to each other the entire way, and at first, he had just been too tired to even bother. Frea didn't know exactly how long they would be gone, but she wasn't expecting to come back to the Guild anytime soon. That's why she had informed Master that they would be gone last night, so no one would have to wonder where they had run off to. Chase had gotten over his initial sleepiness and was staring at his new mentor's back.

They were currently passing through a large grassy patch of land with yellow and white flowers dotting the grass. The sun was beating down relentlessly and his back was starting to hurt from carrying his heavily stuffed bag on his shoulders, and his legs ached from all the walking. He frowned a little to see his mentor walking ahead of him, and she didn't even look tired at all. Though he did notice she was breathing in deeply, as if she could scent all the different flower scents around them.

"Where are we going?" He finally asked, unable to hold the question in any longer. He had kept the question to himself this long, but he was starting to get really curious.

"To a mountain, far to the west. That's where we're training." Frea answered without glancing over her shoulder at him. He blinked, in all honesty he was surprised she had decided to start so soon, she had only agreed to train him yesterday. But why did he have to wake up so early...?

With that, they walked in silence until night fell and Frea finally let him stop. Chase collapsed under a tree and panted, even night-time was humid and hot.

He unrolled his sleeping bag and Frea did the same, though he noticed she had considerably less stuff packed then he did. She lay down on her back and placed her arms under her head, staring up at the moon. He lay down and kept glancing back and forth at her.

"Hey kid," Frea murmured and he felt a bit annoyed, she kept calling him kid, not once had she called him by his name.

"Hmm?" He huffed.

"Your scent is really familiar, and so is your Energy Signature, I think you know why." Frea answered and he looked away.

"I was... I was the villager you protected back when you were fighting Monsters in Jogenen." He mumbled.

"Ah... now I remember." Frea murmured. He wasn't surprised she hadn't remembered him before, she had been fighting at least a hundred monsters at the time. "What made you decide to ask me to be your teacher?" Frea asked and he stiffened a little, and looked away from her.

He took a minute to think about his answer. He knew why, when she had stepped in front of him and protected him so easily, her silver Magic all around her, he knew immediately he wanted to be as strong as her. At the time, she had looked sort of God-like, and when he had felt the large amount of power radiating off of her at the time, it had taken his breath away. Even now, as he lay here, he could feel power coming off of her, though not as powerful as it had been that night. Even though he didn't know her very well, and she didn't know him very well either, he still had a good amount of respect for her already, she had saved his life. And now, she had done him another favor by agreeing to train him, he just hoped that he would be able to handle her training...

"I want to get stronger," he answered finally, "When you stepped in front of me, I realized how strong you were, and that made me find and ask you to train me." He replied.

"Hmm..." Was all she said. Chase looked back her way, but her strange silver eyes were fixed on the night sky. "Tell me, why wont you talk about your family?" Frea asked him quietly and he went rigid. Frea blinked in surprise when she started to feel all of the negative emotions begin to radiate around the young man, though she didn't look at him. For some reason, that question must have stirred up unhappy feelings.

"Well..." Chase's voice died away and Frea let out a silent sigh.

"Its ok, you can tell me when you're ready." She told him quietly. "Just remember, negative emotions and memories are never good to let hang around, especially if you want to be an Energy Mage. You're going to have to sort through all of that dark stuff, and push on to more happier things." Frea told him and Chase blinked slowly. He was surprised she had noticed his reaction so quickly, and could tell how he was feeling. He was slightly confused as to how she said it, it sounded as if she knew that lesson from... experience?

That only made him more curious as to what could have happened in her life to make her so sad, so she just had to move on?

It was easier said than done, he wasn't sure he could get over it so easily...

"Try to get some sleep, we're getting up early again." Frea mumbled as her eyes closed and he let out a groan. They were getting up early again...? WHY?

Frea couldn't help but smile a little when she heard Chase groan, before she let her mind be consumed by darkness as she fell asleep.