Chapter 18- Choosing

Chapter 18

Choosing

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Chase and Frea settled into life back at the Guild pretty well. Everyone had the same reaction to Chase as Lucy and Gray had. It seemed like everyone was just surprised to see how much Chase had seemed to change in the nine months they had been training.

To Frea, having spent that entire time training with the young man, she hadn't noticed the changes as much as everyone else did. But now that she looked for it, Chase had changed. He was no longer the skinny, weak, scared looking kid, he had been when she first met him. He was stronger, smarter, taller...

And not surprisingly, as soon as she got back, Natsu and Gajeel had demanded for a fight. Erza had been right when she said the two had been going stir-crazy, the two really had gone all out at her. But she did knock them off the cliff into the water and end the fight before they destroyed too much.

Today Frea was watching people in the guild run back and forth from the door to the request board. Her eyes followed them as they ran in and out, and blinked in surprise when a large group of people crowded around the bar to speak with Mirajane. A lot of people were rushing around frantically, while others just seemed to be in their normal day-to-day routines.

Frea leaned back against the wall, she was sitting on her regular bench. Her silver eyes narrowed, what is going on? I feel like I'm forgetting something...

She tapped a finger to her chin and closed her eyes.

"What is it though?" She murmured and opened her eyes to glance at the floor. "Lets see... It's the end of the year..." She told herself. "What happens at the end of the year?" She honestly felt like she should know, but at that moment she couldn't quite put her finger on it...

Then it clicked.

"Ah... Everybody's getting ready for the S-Class Exams..." She murmured and smiled. That explains why everyone is running around to get jobs done...

She noticed that Gajeel, Wendy, Chase, Juvia and Lucy were looking rather confused. They don't know what's going on, all they know is that everyone is acting weird...

Frea sighed and leaned her head against the smooth stone of the wall behind her. Tensions were always running high around this time of year. Especially with a select few of the members, like Cana. Cana was always down around this time of year, though she sort of understood why... The brunette had failed the exams four times.

But there was something else too, she had noticed it awhile ago... But Cana was always looking at Gildarts with sadness... Longing? Or maybe it was shame... One of those, though she was never sure why.

She glanced sideways toward the entrance to the Guild. Wonder whose going to be in the exams...?

.:+:.

Frea blinked the sleep from her eyes as she pushed herself out of bed. She ought to get up early today, she wanted to hear who was chosen for the S-Class Exams. But she didn't want to hear in the hopes she would be chosen, she didn't care, she didn't want to, she had gotten over the excitement of the Exams a long time ago.

When she had been younger, sure she had been excited about the Exams. Who wouldn't be at that age? But after she had destroyed half of Magnolia and harmed her Guild members... All because she wasn't strong enough to keep Shadow from taking over...