Chapter 11- Hit Me

Chapter 11

Hit me

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Chase rubbed the back of his neck and blinked the sleep from his eyes. Frea had woken him up early the next morning, which he had to admit he was getting quite used to. Now, Frea was watching him calmly as she waited for him to fully wake up, and when she felt he was ready, she smiled.

"Alright kid, today we're doing some hand-to-hand combat training." She told him and Chase blinked in surprise, the slight annoyance he had felt for being called a 'kid' yet again, forgotten. He had been expecting running, or some more climbing. Frea smiled a little wider at the young man's surprised look, and gestured her hand at him. "Have at it." She invited and Chase paused.

Was she serious? Frea was looking at him calmly with a small smile on her face, as she stood completely relaxed, waiting for him to make a move. He let out a silent sigh and shifted into a defensive position. He swung out at her with a clenched fist, and Frea easily caught his hand in her own.

"Come on, put more effort into it than that." She smiled and he narrowed his eyes. Chase swung out again with his other fist and Frea simply ducked. He kept going out at her, sending kicks and punches every which way, but none of them hit her.

He swung out harder and before he knew it, Frea was behind him and had his arm pinned behind his back. "Have you ever fought before?" She asked and he narrowed his eyes.

"No, but I'm sure I could handle myself if I needed to." He replied and Frea smiled.

"Depends." She told him as she let go of his hand. She walked a little to stand in front of him.

"Who taught you to fight?" He asked and Frea smiled.

"Partly Chaitanya." She replied and tapped her Guild Mark. "Partly the Guild. I learned a lot when I was fighting with people like Natsu and Gray, even Erza sometimes." Frea replied.

Chase nodded slightly, he could understand that. According to the guys back at the Guild, Frea often brawled with members and more than often, she was the winner. Frea crossed her arms behind her back and simply looked at him.

"Come on, try to land a hit on me." She told him and he took a deep breath. He had to plan out what he was going to do, striking out randomly hadn't done him any good so far.

He swung out with his left fist, but brought up his right. Frea saw through the plan and simply wove out of his way. He kept trying for the next twenty minutes, and still he was unable to land a hit on her. He was becoming more and more frustrated as the minutes rolled by, he hadn't expected it would be this hard to get her. It made him a bit more irritated when he noticed she looked as if she was hardly trying, why had it been so much easier to hit Natsu and Gajeel? Well... they were bickering with each other.

Frea smiled and stepped around him, and hooked and arm around his neck from behind. "Try using your skills to your advantage." She suggested and he blinked. Skills? What the hell was she talking about...? Chase nodded a little and Frea let him go.

This is how the next two weeks passed, and everyday he was getting closer and closer to landing a hit on his mentor. Her words echoed in her head, he couldn't stop thinking about what she said, 'use your skills to your advantage.'. He wasn't sure what she had meant, but even though he couldn't figure it out, he had started using the surrounding terrain to help him out. He had tried pinning Frea up against a wall when they had been practicing near the waterfall, and at the times they were near the lake, he managed to find different ways of getting closer and closer to her.