Chapter 24- Magic Energy= Life

Chapter 24

Magic Energy = Life

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

What the hell?

Both Energy Mages and the ghost girl were staring wide eyed at the large Tenrou Tree, tip over and fall toward the ground.

Frea stiffened when she felt her Magic Energy begun to be drained from her body into the earth. It happened so fast she was forced to one knee by sudden fatigue, and her eyes scrunched closed.

"Kid..." She was faintly aware of Chase dropping to one knee behind her. "Gain control of your Energy... And stop it from being... Taken..." She hissed.

She could only hope he had heard her. Frea forced her Magic Energy to slow down, until she was able to maintain her Magic Power, and keep it from being taken. She centered her Magic around her, and put extra power into it to make sure she wouldn't be drained anymore.

"I can't stay here... Any longer... I have to... Leave..." Frea glanced sideways to see Jynx crouching down and fading in and out, until she disappeared all together.

Frea took a deep breath, and when she felt she had enough control over her Magic Energy to keep it from being drained, she glanced over her shoulder to see Chase panting a little.

"You ok, kid?" She asked and he glanced over.

"I guess... I think I have my Energy... Under control." He huffed. "Why is the land suddenly draining it?"

Frea shook her head slowly, staggering to her feet. "I don't know for sure..." She mumbled. "It might help to block out all the Energy around you for now, cut off your connection with the land so it'll be easier to keep your Magic from being drained."

Chase nodded, and his eyes closed as she guessed he blocked off his Senses, before opening his eyes again and she held out a hand for him. Chase took it, and she pulled him to his feet.

"Jynx had to leave..." He mumbled. Frea nodded, Jynx seemed to rely on her Magic Energy to stay in this world, if it was being drained... She probably wouldn't have been able to stay here for very long.

"Come on," Frea murmured as she stepped past him. "Keep concentrating and don't let your guard around your Power down for a minute, I know its tiring, but we really can't afford to let our Energy he drained." She explained, and he followed. Frea began to run, she had a bad feeling that everyone else in Fairy Tail was being drained... That meant the Enemy might attack them while they're powerless...

"Think the others are in trouble?" Chase huffed as he ran at her shoulder. Frea nodded and the two fell silent, he had no need to ask any more.

Frea's speed picked up when, despite the rain, she caught on to numerous familiar scents. Fairy Tail for sure, blood too...

Chase kept up with her all the way, she could tell that his continued absolute control, and the amount of strength he was using to keep the Land from draining him, was taking its toll. She could see it, hear his heart was pounding, he was panting and his movements were more strained than usual.

She wasn't much better though, she had become pretty good at gaining absolute control over her Energy, and had become pretty good at stopping other people's Magic from taking her own, if the need had arisen. But even she was finding this hard, something or someone was pushing to take away all her power... If she could see who it was, be near them, they would be stopped easily...And it was making it worse that she didn't know who... They were using the land's power to take away their own... She couldn't stop the Earths power... She could feel it now, the force under her feet.