Chapter 17- Not Our Job

Chapter 17

Not Our Job

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Frea opened her eyes and let out a long sigh. Her head-ach was gone along with the churning in her stomach. She glanced sideways to see Chase asleep on his sleeping bag and she frowned. She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed that the young man had put alcohol in her soda, and she seriously had wanted to murder him yesterday. She was still mad, but her sleep had calmed her a bit. She wouldn't kill him, but she would definitely hit him, hard.

She pushed herself to her feet and rolled up her sleeping bag, attaching it to her bag and waking up Chase.

"Get up!" She snapped and he blinked up at her, smile appearing on his face.

"Still mad?" He asked innocently and she frowned.

"Get. Up." She hissed and he did as she asked. All in an instant she had hit him in the shoulder and he went flying, but he twisted in mid-air and landed on his feet.

"I guess I deserved that..." He mumbled, while rubbing his shoulder. Frea let out a huff and crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for the young man to roll up his sleeping bag, before she started walking. He caught up with her and they stayed silent, she was in no mood to talk and he knew it.

They were headed through the forest that wasn't too far away from Magnolia, and she stopped suddenly when voices reached her ears.

"Are those the Mage's we're after?"

"Think so, that's the Fairy Tail Guild Symbol isn't it?"

"Yeah! When do we go?"

"Follow me, we'll sneak up behind them..."

The voices sounded a little ways off and she glanced from side to side, Chase had stopped along with her. As the next few moments passed, she picked up on the feeling of Energy Signatures. Though she couldn't get a very clear picture of them, unless she was using 'Energy Sense'.

"Feel them?" Chase asked quietly and she nodded.

"Heard them too..." She murmured and breathed in deeply. They were definitely human, and based on the amount of Magic Power she could feel, she guessed there were only five or six. "And smell them..." She said quietly and Chase nodded.

Both Fairy Tail Mage's tensed, eyes switching from side to side, searching the trees. They could both feel Energy Signature's surrounding them now.

"GO!"

All at once, six men burst from the trees, and several different types of Magic were sent their way.

"Energy Shield!"

"Blue Ricochet Shield!"

Frea's Silver Shield sprung up in front of her, stopping the purple flames and black magic from touching her. Chase had come to be back to back with her, and his own light blue magic had been placed in front of him. The Magic that had been sent at Chase's shield, bounced back and the bewildered men struggled to get out of the way of there returned Magic.

The two let their shields drop and Frea lunged forward, fist clenching and Magic encircling it. She hit the first man in the chest and sent him flying away into the trees, as she ducked to avoid the swing of a sword from a requip mage.

"Shadow Lance!"

Frea sidestepped away from a lance made of black Magic and she focused her attention on who had sent the attack her way. The man lifted his hands in front of him, and a beam of his black magic shot toward her. Frea leaned back and sucked in air,