Chapter 12- Energy Signatures

Chapter 12

Energy Signatures

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideasa

.:+:.

"Come on kid." Frea murmured as she waited patiently for Chase to get up. The sky was still fairly dark, the sun had not risen yet. She had spent the entire day yesterday trying to come up with a way to teach Chase Energy Magic. As she had expected, he hadn't woken up until at least noon the day before, and he had been extremely sore. But today he should feel better, and they had to get started with actually learning the magic.

Chase got to his feet and let out a long yawn, before glancing her way. Frea flicked her head in his opposite direction, gesturing for him to follow her as she turned and started walking. "What's going on today Teach?" Chase asked sleepily and she didn't glance over her shoulder at him.

"We're going to start with Magic now." She replied and at once she could tell he had perked up.

"Really? Great!" He exclaimed. Frea sighed and finally glanced over her shoulder to look at him.

"Don't get too excited, you have absolutely no idea how hard this is gonna be." She told him and turned back to the land ahead of her. They continued on in silence as she lead him through the forest, until the trees cleared out in a circle with two relatively flat stones stood in the ground. One of the stones was at least four feet wide, and three feet tall, while the other was eight feet wide and five feet tall. Frea directed Chase to sit on the smaller of the two, while she took a seat on the larger one. Both of them were five feet apart.

Frea knew this place all too well, when she had been learning from Chaitanya, she had sat on the rock Chase now sat on, for hours at a time, wearing herself out as she tried to learn Energy Magic. She was now sitting on the rock that Chaitanya had sat on to watch her while she learned. Now Chase was going to be doing the same thing she had done all those years ago.

"Alright kid, I want you to try and focus your magic in your hands." She told him and he blinked in confusion.

"How the hell am I supposed to do that?" He asked and she sighed silently.

"Close your eyes." She ordered and he did as she asked. "Almost everything in the world had Energy is some way, shape, or form. As an Energy Mage, it is essential that you learn to feel all of it around you, recognize it, understand how it works." She started. "Energy Magic is extremely hard to learn, because it is very rare for someone to be able to feel the world's Energy around them. With this in mind, there is a special skill that you need to have, and it's called 'World Sense'. Without 'World Sense', you cant learn Energy Magic because you will never be able to feel the Energy around you, let alone fell the Energy inside of you, and be able to use it to your liking." Frea explained.

"Before you ask, yes you do have it, I could tell by studying your Energy Signature the first day you came to Fairy Tail." Frea told him and he nodded a little. "So with that in mind, I assume that you can sometimes feel things? Things like strong changes in people's emotions, or the amount of power somebody has? Things like that, changes in Energy."

Chase nodded slowly, "Yeah... sometimes anyway, not all the time." He answered without opening his eyes. Frea blinked slowly, Chase's 'World Sense' ability wasn't very strong, so she could guess he could only feel it if it was a powerful or strong Energy.

"That's what we're working on. Your going to learn how to feel the worlds Energy around you more clearly and precisely, before you start to try and manipulate your own Energy." Frea explained. "Once you have it down, you'll be able to feel all kinds of Energy around you without having to actually search them out all the time."