Chapter 10- My Mountain

Chapter 10

My Mountain

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic and my Ideas

.:+:.

Just as Frea had said she would, she had woken Chase up well before dawn. He groggily folded up his sleeping bag and strapped it to his bag, putting it around his shoulders. Frea set off once he was ready and another day of walking started, they spent the next few hours traveling through the forest they had stopped off in last night, until his feet hit sandy ground. He stopped and stared in dismay at the scene before him, did she really expect him to walk over this?

Before them lay a stretch of desert that seemed to go on for miles, the trees were better considering they provided shade. But this, there was nothing to stop the sun from beating down on them relentlessly. Frea had noticed that Chase had stopped at the edge of the trees, but she kept walking. They needed to keep going, they had to get to their destination some time. Chase reluctantly sped up to catch up with her once he realized she had drawn ahead.

Chase panted as he kept following her, and his shirt was starting to stick to his body as he followed. He had to wonder how on earth it was possible, for him to be panting heavily and sweating like crazy, when his mentor was breathing evenly and hadn't broken a sweat at all.

He let out a sigh of relief as they left the desert behind and the land flattened out into grassy plains. Frea kept walking and he let out a grumble, "How could anyone have so much energy...?" He muttered under his breath.

"Lesson number one: you have to have a lot of Energy to be an Energy Mage." Frea called back to him and he stared in astonishment that she had heard him. Then he frowned a little and looked away from her back,

"Stupid Dragon ears..." He muttered.

"I heard that." She said and smiled a little, even though he couldn't see it. Chase pushed away his fatigue and caught up with her, determined to keep up this time. Frea smiled a little more when she realized that Chase was determined to keep up with her, she honestly hadn't expected him to be able to walk so long.

To Chase's relief, a huge mountain rose up in front of them as they left the plains behind, giving way to trees that stood at the base of the mountain. He noticed that Frea's over all mood slightly improved, though his relief quickly turned to annoyance as the trees suddenly disappeared, and steep rocky slopes rose up before them. Chase struggled to climb while Frea seemed to know where to put her feet, and climbed the slopes with little effort.

Chase frowned a little as he saw her getting farther away as he struggled to climb the steep slope. He kept going though, making sure to get good footholds, determined to keep the Energy Dragon Slayer in his sights. He huffed as he reached out to grab a rock and position his feet, before pushing himself up more. He pushed up, and the world froze, and his heart skipped a beat as his foot slipped, and he found himself falling backward.

Shit! This was gonna hurt...

Steady hands pushed against his back as he was kept from falling and he glanced over his shoulder. His eyes widened upon seeing Frea behind him, keeping him from falling down the steep and rocky slope. She was fast.. She had been far ahead and gotten back to catch him in hardly any time at all.

He steadied himself after a moment and murmured a small 'thanks'. This time she stayed behind him, ready to catch him in case she fell again. Though Frea had continuingly been getting farther away from the young man on purpose, she had always been keeping an eye on him. He would get seriously hurt if he fell, she was pretty sure he wouldn't enjoy that. After about an hour of climbing the land suddenly flattened out as they reached the near top of the mountain. Chase collapsed onto grass and sucked in air, staring at his surroundings.