When He Serenades

It's another Sunday morning and it's seems to be a beautiful day. We had ourselves another day-off and everyone seems to have plans. Some want to go to the market to buy some food (Sasha obviously belongs to that group of people), some went back to their homes just to visit their beloved family, and some, well, wanted to stay here and just chill with their friends, comrades and superiors.

I, on the other hand, bored. Bored as in really bored. It may be a beautiful day today but I don't know what to do. I heard that Levi left HQ to buy something while I was still asleep on my dorm. I sighed and tossing and turning over my bed while I'm humming my favorite song. The birds outside tweeted like angels and the sky was blue which made me smile. I sat up, looked around my surroundings and suddenly, Hanji went inside the dorm (A/N: You're alone by the way; the rest of the girls are scattered all over HQ) with her cheeky grin. Feeling glad, Hanji may be the last person I would meet when I'm bored. "Hello, (Y/N)!! Huh, what? What are you doing here all alone? Wait~", she said but stopped talking with a smirk on her face. "You felt lonely yet bored without Levi around, aren't you?". I blushed and looked away. "Y-Yeah, what about it, Hanji?".

She sat next to me on the bed and said, "Well, I'm kinda worried about, you know? Besides, I seem to glance that kind of expression of your's for quite some time". I sighed and twiddled my thumbs. "Thank you. I'm glad you felt that way. Anyway, if I don't mind asking, where is Levi heading to?". Her eyes widened with a gasp and laughed nervously. "Hahaha! Oh, um...I'm sorry but-", she said but stopped when she looked at her watch. She blinked a few times and screamed slightly which made me jump. "W-woah! What is it, Hanji? Is something wrong?", I asked. Without an answer at all, she looked at me and grabbed my hand which made me stood up cause she got out of the bed and she started walking out of the female dorms. She turned to me and I asked again, "W-What? Where are we going?". She only smiled and replied, "Oh~ You'll find out when we get there, hehe!". She ran towards the halls (while holding my hand, of course) giving a lot of attention from some cadets.

~.~

We ran all the way through the whole HQ and went outside which eventually lead me to town. We stopped running and we ended up in a empty area in town where no one can be seen and there's a organized picnic table with food (two plates of pasta and two glasses of grape juice) and flowers on the center of the table. I blink to myself on why is there are a table set up here in an empty place in town where people can only see in a distance then a moment hit you, I realized that this area might a picnic area or a hangout. I got confused what is happening and suddenly Hanji said, "Oh, gosh. I have to go, (Y/N). I guess I'll see you later!". With that, Hanji waved and started running back. I gasped and said, "Huh?! What? Wait a moment-". But it was too late to call her out now because she was gone. I sighed and looked around. Then something caught my eye, there was a piece of paper on the table. I approached the table and it says, 'For (Y/N) and ________. You'll find out who that person is in that blank space if you turn around'. I blinked a few times and thought, 'Weird, it wasn't here before and wait a moment, did it just say...I have to turn around'. I gulped and started to have a bad feeling about this. Without hesitation, I turned around and to my relief it was Levi, not on his sexy-I mean uniform but on his neat outwear, and it made me jump surprise. "O-Oh! Levi! Hehe, man, you sure know how to surprise me, huh?", I said and held my chest panting slightly. He smiled slightly and walked towards me. Blushing, I looked left and right them he took my hand gently. He didn't say anything so he made me sit down on the picnic table. I wasn't sure what's going on but the atmosphere feels different. Just when I was about to do anything, he kneeled which made my eyes widened for some reason and he started to speak but not just a normal pep talk/conversation but his melodic voice came out instead.

Die Stühle liegen sehr eng
Wir reden die ganze Nacht lang
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht
Wir können uns gut verstehen  

My eyes widened from his voice and foreign language then suddenly a guitar was being played on the background. I looked at the back and saw one of the cadets from 104th cadet corp (including Eren, Armin and Mikasa) and there's one cadet playing the guitar. Levi closed his eyes and kept on singing.

So ist es immer, unser Licht ist nur das
Trinken und singen wir, begrüßen morgen
So ist es immer, unterm riesigen Himmel
Leben wir zusammen, die Nacht ist lang  

He stood up from the ground and walked towards me. He presented his hand to me and I took it gently knowing what's happening. We went to the middle and got into a dance position. He gently took my hand and he wrapped his arm around my waist then we started slow dancing.

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten
Kann der Mond auf diese Stadt nicht scheinen
Schauten wir das Licht selbst an
Singen wir unter dem Sternenmeer  

I blushed from his voice and we dance through the slow yet beautiful song that made my heart pound like a drum. He looked at me and kissed my head which made me melt.

Chairs so close and room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meagre this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell  

My heart starting beating faster when his English lyrics came out of his mouth. 'Wow, German and English in the same song. I love it', I thought and rest my head on Levi's chest.

And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night  

I looked over to Levi and the unexpected moment made my eyes widened just a little bit. He's smiling. Which is something I haven't seen before in my life because his smile was totally different from his other smiles. Not a small smile that he always gave me, not a forced smile when he's trying show me that he's okay all the time but actually it's Levi's natural smile. The smile that I always I wanted from him for a long time.

Just as no stars can be seen
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone  

His face got closer to me and our foreheads are touching. We dance to left then to the right and spinned slowly. We looked into each others eyes and I giggled. Levi noticed and asked, "Hmm? What is it?". I shook my head and replied, "It's nothing. It's just I love you so much, heichou". He chuckled softly and kissed my lips gently. "Same here. I love you too, (Y/N)". 

Die Stühle liegen sehr eng
You and I talk all the night long
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht
We comrades have stories to tell  

So ist es immer, denn immer im Ertrag
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
So ist es immer, we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night  

He spinned me around slowly yet gently then he pulled to bring me closer to him. I landed on his chest and giggled. He stroke my hair and continued on.

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
Schauten wir das Licht selbst an
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone  

And, he stopped singing. Meaning, he finally finished the beautiful German/English song that he was singing to. He panted softly and there was clapping on the background. I looked over and my comrades were clapping and cheering then I spotted Hanji waving at us and squealing like there's a concert going on. I looked up and suddenly my lips were captured by Levi's. He cupped face and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled into the kiss and mumbled, "I love you". We let go and I stroke his soft cheek. "Me too and to be honest, I love the song you were singing, Levi. I even love the way you sing, hehe~". He made a small surprise expression then he carried me bridal style with a smirk on his face which literally made me squeak. I held on tight and he leaned down. "Honestly, cadet. You're so cute". We shared another blissful kiss while the rest of the guys were like rooting for us although it stopped when Levi ordered them to head back to HQ especially Hanji with his usual stoic expression because he wanted some 'alone' time with me for the rest of the day. Well, this should be a fun day especially if it's in the evening but it's totally worth it.