When The Babies Keep You Up All Night

(A/N: This is requested by EreriHetalian. I tried my best writing this one since I' kinda new to this scenario, hehe *sweatdrop*. As always, I hope you guys do enjoy and happy reading folks! ^^)

I jolted up when I heard two crying figures coming from the room beside our office that I shared with Levi and I think I know where this is going.

Sighing, I stood up from the bed and stretched for a while before I left the bedroom. But, just when I was about to leave the office, I spotted Levi who is now doing his paperwork on his desk rather than going to sleep around 10:00 in the evening.

Weird, for some reason I just wanted to question myself why does he still looks hot even if he looked really serious with his paperwork.

Well, I guess the world or myself will never know because Levi is Levi and who know what's in his mind right now (although I'm pretty sure it has something to do with cleaning).

I smiled at him for a few seconds (probably 2-3 seconds) and like a ninja, I finally exited the office without Levi noticing and head towards the bedroom of Isabelle and Leon.

As I entered, I saw them crying which made me rush towards them with a concern look written on my face and I quickly carried them both carefully.

I started to soothe them and give them each a kiss on the forehead and cheek just to show affection.

I smiled gently at their precious faces and probably for the next few minutes or so, I decided to stay with them for a while longer until they've fallen into a peaceful slumber.

-TIME SKIP-

After all the soothing and a couple attempts from going back and forth which made me a bit tired, I finally get a chance to go back to bed so I could rest. 

I was a little bit busy doing minor duties here in the Survey Corps lately but Commander Erwin told me to not go out on expeditions just to be sure since I'm still on leave.

So, all I did was just paperwork requested by the higher ups (like Erwin for example), assisting Hanji with her crazy titan experiments and I have to look after the headquarters itself from time to time like checking if our equipment are still okay or if the food storage is running out or not (I'm watching out for Sasha and Connie for this one).

Anyway, I shifted slightly in my sleep and Levi was able to lay beside me after all the paperwork that he finished an hour ago which is rare since he sleeps on his chair most of the time.

Then, when an hour passed and according to the clock it's already 2 o' clock in the morning and Levi and I are still sleeping peacefully in our bed.

But, unfortunately, my peaceful beauty sleep that probably lasted for a long while was already interrupted with crying coming from the room beside us.

I got up slowly with a tired expression and this is may be the second time already.

When I checked the clock, it's already 2:30 am and I thought they were already in a deep slumber but I guess I thought wrong.

Leaving a deep yet long sigh, I got slowly so I wouldn't disturb Levi in the process and exited the office immediately just to check Isabelle and Leon.

When I got inside their room again, I found them crying in their bassinets and I walked towards them instead of running since I was a bit tired a few moments ago.

I carried them both and began to soothe them like always but they couldn't stop crying this time when I tried to do the same procedure so I decided to do it continuously just to see what would happened.

Although, it still didn't work.

I was about to think of a way until an idea or realization came in my head.

Just when I was about to exit the room with my children on my arms, the door was opened and it revealed to be the person that I really want to see at this very moment.

"Eh? Levi?", I said and my lips let out a long yawn.

Levi stood there shirtless while holding his pillow and began to walk towards us with the same tired expression as me although I'm a bit tired to blush or feel flustered to see him like 'that'.

"Hmph, so this is where you were. I was wondering what you were up to lately", said Levi as his expression soften a bit when he looked at Isabelle and Leon crying over my arms.

"Were they keeping you up all night I suppose, (Y/N)?", he asked and gently placed a kiss on their foreheads just to let them know that their father is here.

"Yeah. I was about to go to the mess hall to fetch them some milk and-", I replied but a yawn was able to escape my lips again, "I'm still quite new to parenting after all so I'll probably get used to it either way".

"Same here, love. But if that's case, let me help you", said Levi as he carried Isabelle on his arms and he gave her a soft smile, "I'm sure you're tired".

"Hehe, thanks, hun. But you don't have to do that you know? You've been busy lately so you might need some rest-"

"It's fine. I'm not THAT busy or tired for now so please, I insist", said Levi and kissed my lips softly with his.

Since he volunteered, I guess I have no choice but to say yes to him. I kissed back just to send him a reply and afterwards, we head to the mess hall to feed Isabelle and Leon so we could put them to a peaceful slumber again.