Chapter 28...

Days slowly had passed by, it felt like it was one of the slowest weeks of your life, but it was finally Friday.

Laying there on the floor, you reached under your bed and pulled out your duffel bag, throwing it onto the bed. Walking over towards your dresser, you began searching for some clothes to pack, the sound of something walking in the hallway made you stop what you were doing, you waited and then you heard a knock on your bedroom door “come in” you said pulling out a pair of jeans and a pair of sweatpants, then walking over to your bed and stuffing those into the duffel bag. Turning around you saw Scotty standing there leaning against the door frame “oh hey” you said with a smile, as you walked over towards your vanity to grab your hairbrush. “still going to the game tonight?” he asked walking further into the room “of course! you’d think i’d miss one of the last football games?” you asked him in disbelief “haha! nah, i just wanted to see if you needed a ride to the game?” “oh sure, if ya don’t mind?” you asked sweetly “of course not, just meet me at the truck at six forty five” he said walking out of your room “alright” you said closing your door behind him, as it clicked shut you turned around and rested your back against it as you softly bit your lip.

Shoving your arms into the sleeves of your jacket, you pulled it on & zipped it up and walked out of your room and headed down the hallway. Looking over the banister you heard a familiar voice, you leaned over and bit and saw a familiar girl, not sure who it was exactly you ran down the stairs and walked into the living room. Just then the girl turned around, you saw Ashley McCreery standing there “Ashley!” you yelled as you ran to hug her, you havent seen her since she headed off for her junior year in college, she hugged you tightly back “how are you hun?” she asked “i’m doing well, how about you?” you asked “i’m doing great, well looks like you better get going Scotty out there waiting for you” she said with a smile “alright, bye everyone!” you called out as you walked out of the house.

Stepping onto the porch, you saw Scotty leaning against the truck in the dim light coming from the moon, swiftly you walked over to him and smiled, he smiled back at you as he got into the truck. Hopping into the passenger side, you shut the door and buckled up, Scotty then carefully pulled out of the driveway and headed for the school.

Reaching the school, Scotty parked and you both quickly got out, realizing the game was just about to start you two ran to get to the field. Once you guys reached the field you two separated, Scotty went to the blue crew and you went to walk around with some of your friends for once. They promised you that if you walked around with them for a bit that you could go and hang out with Scotty and the blue crew up in the stands, so you agreed and began to walk around the track with them.

As you guys walked around  you mostly just listened to their conversation, about the other schools football team and some of their crushes at school. After the tenth time walking past the trojans stands your friend softly elbowed you “what?’ you asked her “you do realize everytime we walk past the blue crew Scotty is looking at you” she said smiling “no, no he’s not” you blushed slightly as you looked down “he really is, just watch the next time you walk past him” she said “alright” you said, quickly you guys walked around the track a little bit faster, and this time once you reached the trojans side again you looked up while walking right past the blue crew. Scotty was looking right you, just like your friend had said, but once he realized you saw him he quickly looked away and ran his fingers through his hair. Quietly you and your friends laughed at this as you just kept walking.

It was now half time and your friends finally let you go be with the blue crew. Climbing up the bleachers you took your rightful place next to Scotty “look who joined us” one of the guys next you said, you slightly laughed but then looked at the field and waited for half time to be over with.  Soon you began to shiver, as the wind began to pick up “you cold?” Scotty asked “yeah…” you said trailing off as you looked from him, to the timer on the board, then back to him “here, take my sweatshirt’ he said pulling it off him “Scotty no, you’ll freeze!”  “(your name) just take it, i’m fine” he said smiling at you “fine” you said pulling it over you, the shivering began to slow down until it completely stopped “better?” he asked “a lot, thanks!” you said smiling him. Just then the buzzer went off, it was now the third quarter. The blue crew went wild with excitement as the football players came back onto the field. The score so far was 42-31, and you were ready to see the trojans score more points.

As the final buzzer rang, the Garner trojans stands blew up in excitement as the final score was 49-38. The blue crew were all jumping up and down, yelling with pride. Everyone knew the Garner Magnet High school would win with their great football team, wonderful coaches and amazing fans. Hugging Scotty, you looked up at him and smiled he smiled back, and then you both let go. Running out of the stands you met your other friends on the ground “ready to go?” one of them asked “yeah, wait.. shoot” you said “whats wrong?” they asked “i left my bag at my house, i’ll just meet you guys there, alright?” you asked “yeah see ya” they said walking away. Looking back up at the stands you saw Scotty coming down the stairs then, walking over to him you smiled at him “great game, huh?” you asked him “one of the best, definitely a great crowd tonight” he said “haha, of course! i have a question” you said looking down at your hands “yeah?” he asked “do you think you could give me a ride home?” you asked “hmm i dont think so, you live way to far from my house for me to” he said jokingly “fine then i’ll walk home, in the dark, where there could be some scary people out there” you said crossing your arms and walking ahead of him “youre so dramatic” he laughed, pulling you back so you were walking next to him “am not!” “are too!” “am not” you said glaring at him, Scotty laughed slightly “fine fine, youre not” he said as you guys finally reached the truck, you smiled a smug smile at him and got in, he just rolled his eyes and climbed in the drivers seat. It took a few minutes, but then you two finally drove out of the school parking lot and headed back for the house