Chapter 90...

“SON OF A GUN!” the deep voice yell of your fathers rang throughout the hallway. Your eyes flew open to the sound, while your body jostled forward. Dazed and confused you looked around the room, it was still dark, barely any light was shining in from the window.

“SHHH! Dear you probably woke up (yourname)!” you could hear your mom say in her shouting whisper. Feeling like a walking zombie, you pulled your blankets off yourself and climbed out of bed. Your arms were flailing out in front of you, protecting yourself from running face first into something.

With your eyes almost drooped closed, and barely any light in the room, you found the door and pushed it open, weakly. The bright lights from the hallway hurt your eyes, causing you to shut your eyes all completely. “I’m sorry! but it’s not my fault that the suitcase had to come flying out of the closet and had to smack me right in the face” you heard your dad say, from your parents bedroom.

“mom, dad?” you mumbled, barely audible, as you stepped into their room “told ya” your mom whispered to your dad, then turned to you “oh sweetheart, did we wake you?” your mom asked, rushing over to you “yeah” you softly whispered “we’re sorry, honey, go on back to bed” she said gesturing you to go, that’s when you got a good look at their room.

Two suitcases rested on the bed, clothing and other necessities lying next to them. “what’s going on? where are you going?” you asked, looking up at the two. With a deep breath your mom pulled you over to the bed. “sweet heart, your great Aunt Natalie isn’t doing so well, and your Aunt Cindy called and asked us to come stay the night, just in case if she passes in the next few days” she said slowly and quietly “oh” was all you were able to say, knowing how much Aunt Natalie meant to your mom, you didn’t want to trigger any tears. “yeah, so me and your dad will be back tomorrow sometime, okay? It won’t be too long, we promise” she said pulling you into a hug “yeah, that’s fine” you said, holding your mom tightly “here, climb into bed, you can go back to bed in here, we’ll be leaving here in a few minutes. Don’t forget to eat once you wake up okay?” she said tucking you into her’s and your dad’s bed. “Mhm” you mumbled, as you nodded your head, “love you bud” your dad said, placing a kiss on your cheek “sleep well, sweet heart” your mom said kissing your forehead. “love you both” you murmured, then leaned back. Once your head hit the pillows, you were out.

-

Laying at the end of your parents bed, with remote in hand, you watched as Blake Shelton sat there playing guitar, while the lyrics to Honey Bee came out of his mouth. You hummed along as you glanced at the clock ‘thats a good enough time to be awake’ you thought as the clock had just hit nine am. Pushing yourself up off the bed, you turned the tv off and ran out of the room.

Walking into the kitchen, you looked around, obeying your moms request to find something to eat. And soon enough you were sitting at the table, bowl in front of you, spoon in hand. Your phone moved up and down your cell phone screen as you checked out your twitter timeline, but nothing was interesting. Putting your phone on sleep, you set it down on the table, picked up your bowl, and put that and the spoon into the sink.

“what can i do today?” you asked yourself allowed, thats when your eyes came in contact with that familiar yellow house. “hmm” you muttered, as you turned away from the window, and ran into the living room. Falling onto the couch, you picked up your shoes and put them on, moments later you were out the door. 

Knocking twice on the door in front of you, you took a step back and waited. The door slowly creaked open, with a tired looking Mike McCreery standing there. “oh, Mr. McCreery, did i wake you?” you asked, worried. “no, Judy woke me up earlier than usual this morning to try her new health shake recipe” he said, with a soft chuckle as he gestured for you to come in. “oh, how was it?” you asked, as you stepped into the house “lets just say, it needs a little bit of work, too sweet” he said, shaking his head as he remembered the taste “understandable” you simple said, as you placed your hands behind your back “yes us northern people understand” he said with a smile “Scotty’s still asleep, but you can go on up and wake him, saves me the trouble of climbing those stairs” he said heading in the direction of the living room “alright, thanks!” you said, following behind him, only for a brief moment, then dispersing for the stairs.