Chapter 115...

On Tuesday you had convinced your mom you were well enough to go to school, and by Wednesday, the last day before winter break, you actually were feeling better.

The glow from the TV, was the only light filling the classroom. Students were quietly talking in the darkness, as the half day was coming to a close. Scotty’s hand was secretly intertwined with yours, underneath the desk.

‘Buddy the elf, whats your favorite color?’ 

A burst of laughter filled the room, as the curly red head on the screen spoke into the phone with the up-most cheerful voice. Then just like it began, the laughter suddenly quieted down to silence. 

A sudden deep chuckle sounded next to you. Craning your neck, you found Scotty staring straight ahead, the glow of the TV cascading into his blue eyes. “what?" you whispered, ever so quietly. He turned and looked at you. “hmm?" he asked you, raising an eyebrow in your direction. “you laughed". “oh, it’s nothing" he said flashing you a wink, then getting up out of his seat. You gave him a confused expression, as to why he was getting out of his seat, then you turned and saw the rest of the kids getting up and leaving. The bell had rang without you even noticing.

Pushing your self up out of your chair, you turned to grab your bag, but instead found Scotty standing there with your bag slung onto his shoulders, along with his own. “come on, (lastname), time for some freedom!" he grabbed a hold of your hand and pulled you out of the classroom.

Skipping the locker trips, you both headed out of the school and for the F150 King Ranch sitting in the parking lot. 

Climbing inside, and buckling up, you turned your body in Scotty’s direction, as you leaned your head against the window. He turned the key in the ignition, bringing Loretta to life. Then he turned and looked at you. “what?" he asked, as he began to pull out of the parking space. “i don’t really want to go home just yet" you said with a smile, hoping he’d think of somewhere else to go. “well alright" he said, taking a left, heading for the highway.

-

The chilling North Carolina air disappeared as you stepped through the mall doors in Raleigh. Hand in hand, Scotty and you began to slowly walk through the center of the mall, glancing at all the Christmas lights, and trees placed around. 

"i just love Christmas" you said, eyes wide, as you continued to look around. “why’s that?" Scotty asked, looking only at you. Your eyes fixated on him, “because of God, the happiness it brings people, time with family and friends and" you said quietly, as you took a step closer to him “i get to spend it with you" you ended it by kissing him gently on the lips. “dagum" he muttered softly, as you pulled away, his eyes slowly opening. “i like that answer" he said, inching closer to you. “i knew you would" you said slowly backing away, tempting him. 

He was like a magnet, mimicking every step you took, as he tried to keep up. 

A jolly voice called out then. Turning quickly, you found the man in the bright red suit a few yards away, greeting children. With a wide smile you turned back to Scotty. “oh boy" he said, knowing what was gonna happen next. He surrendered to you, as you took his hand and pulled him in the direction of Santa Claus.

Scotty had to put his hands on your shoulders, calming you down before you’d jump all over the place, as you stood in line. “i feel like we do this every year" he chuckled, as the line inched up little by little. “it’s cause we do" you said giving him a big smile. He just chuckled.

Kid after kid took their turn to meet Santa, each quietly whispering their Christmas wish to him.

Then it was yours and Scotty’s turn. “oh got some older kids here for a change" Santa spoke happily. “sure do, sir!" you said, as you took a seat on his lap. “would you like to sit on my lap also?" he asked, looking towards Scotty, who was standing towards his right. Scotty laughed quietly before he answer, “no thanks, sir, i’m good". “suit yourself then" Santa said, then turned to look at you. “so, little girl, what do you want for Christmas?" he asked. You took a moment to think, then lifted your hand up to his ear and began to quietly whisper, in hopes Scotty wouldn’t hear.

"this is gonna be lame, but i just want Scotty to be happy, whether he’s with me or not"

You then pulled away, smiling. Santa sneakily looked at Scotty, then turned back to you, pointing at the boy next to him. You nodded. He winked at you, confirming your wish, then he turned back to Scotty. “so, boy, what do you want for Christmas?". Scotty thought for a moment, then with a smile, his gazed turned towards you. “i think i got everything i need right here". A pinkness surfaced onto your cheeks, as you quickly looked towards the ground. “good answer" Santa said, nudging Scotty. 

"okay picture time!" the photograph called from a few feet away. You looked up and smiled just as the flash went off.

-

"Have a holly jolly Christmas, it’s the best time of the year!" Scotty and you both sang, as he pulled into the driveway. Turning the engine off he turned and looked at you. “you know i love you right?" you suddenly asked, he nodded. “yeah i do" he said. “good" was all you said, as you leaned in and kissed him quickly. “why is that good?" he asked, once you had pulled away. “because" you said, secretively, then you leaned in and kissed him once more. 

Stepping in through your front door, you went towards the kitchen, in hopes of finding your mom and dad. 

They were sitting there at the table, just quietly talking. “oh good, your home! We have to tell you something! Take a seat" your mom said, motioning you to sit down. Sitting down you looked at her, questioningly. With a smile, she linked her hands together. 

"so this year your father and I decided to hold a Christmas party!" she said excitedly. “really?" you asked, they both nodded. “yeah they’ll stay from the twenty third to the twenty sixth" she continued. “who’s all coming?" you asked. “well theres aunt Erin, uncle Jerry" “wait, is-" “no Callie is not coming, she’s real sick with the stomach bug, so they’re family are gonna stay home this time around" your mom said, patting your hand in a comforting way. “alright, i dont want what happened last year to happen this year" you said, letting out a deep breath. “neither do i, she can’t steal your man from you" your dad suddenly chimed in. You and your mom turned and looked at each other, right before bursting into laughter.