Chapter 123...

His fingers wove circles onto the fabric pressed against your back, as you laid there against his chest. His back was pressed up against the bland colored wall, while his legs were spread out in front of himself, with you sitting in between them.

Since the moment he had wrapped his arms around you, you two sat there in the same position, while he comforted you. It’s been two hours since then.

Your eyes slowly traveled from his chest, up to his lips, then resting onto the blue eyes that belonged to him. He was completely focused on you. 

Scotty’s POV

His eyes were fully locked on hers, as he just talked on. He wasn’t really sure what words were passing his lips, or the sentences they made, he was focused on the girl in his grasp, who had tear streaked cheeks and a tight hold on the fabric that clung to his chest. His hand had instantly raised from her back, and brushed away the few strands of hair that hung in her face, before taking its previous place on her back. Her eyes slowly began to glance from his eyes to his lips, only for a mere moment, before heading back to his eyes. A soft chuckle rumbled through his chest, as he began to trail off. She smiled an innocent smile before she began to lean in, and Scotty acted upon her actions and leaned in himself. His lips met hers in the middle and he could feel her fingers twist at the fabric of his t-shirt. The corners of his lips slipped up into a smirk just as they pulled away. Scotty’s heart rate increased at the look on her face. With a heavy breath he slowly pulled his hands away from her back. “I think you better get home before it gets too late” he trailed off at how quickly the look on her face changed. “you know if it was up to me, I’d let you stay, but I don’t think your mom will be pleased with that” he continued. She laughed quietly, as she moved her hands from his chest, to his shoulders and tapped them quickly. “it’s okay Scotty, I understand” she then pushed herself up off the floor. “come on cowboy, lets get me home” she said, holding her hand out towards him. He took it, and with a smile pulled himself off the floor.

“mom, I’m gonna take (your name) home” Scotty called out, once they reached the kitchen. Mrs. McCreery turned around and nodded without saying a word. Scotty and (your name) then slipped out the back door and he quickly walked her across the yard and onto the back porch. Before he knew it they were kissing good bye and with one meaningful “I love you” he was off the porch and running across the yard towards his own.

Your POV

Maybe if I’m quiet enough I can sneak in and get to my room without anyone noticing. You quietly opened the back door, peeking your head in, before slipping into the house. The coast is clear. Quickly you walked through the kitchen and out into the dark living room. 

Reaching out for the stair case rail, you stepped foot onto the stairs when suddenly the lights flashed on. Looking towards the top of the stairs you found your mom standing there, arms crossed with a disappointed look on her face. “(your full name) where have you been?” she asked. “I was at Scotty’s” you spoke sheepishly, as she sluggishly made your way of the stairs. With an exasperated sigh she turned around and headed towards her room. But not without a final “you’re grounded for the next few days”. Then she walked into her bed room and slammed the door shut, not wanting to discuss it any further.

Slowly you walked to your room, and stepped into the darkness. Walking towards your bed you began to undress. “where did you go?” you heard Callie call from the bed. “that’s none of your business” you calmly spoke, as you slipped into your pajamas. “did you go to Scotty’s?” she asked “maybe” was all you said before crawling under the covers. You heard her quietly growl in angry, but yet you ignored it and closed your eyes. “you know he doesn’t really love you? Kyle and James told me so” she stated confidently. With a deep breath you sat up and looked in Callie’s direction. “Callie. He does love me, I know he does. Now unless you drop your little act, you’ll never know what love feels like. I know you’re better than this Callie” and with that you fell back against your pillows and squeezed your eyes shut, hoping sleep would consume you soon. But before it did, you swear you faintly heard Callie whisper “I wish I was”.