Chapter 39...

Breeze came in through the open window, blowing your hair all over the place, as the sun shined on. Placing your feet up on the dashboard and turning the radio up louder, you relaxed into your seat, yet still not having any ideas as to where you guys were heading. “are you gonna tell me where were going or..” you asked as you looked from the road over to Scotty “like i said before, you’ll see” he said taking his eyes momentarily off the road to look at you. Shaking your head slightly, your turned your gaze out the window “what ever you say, McCreery” you said being ever so curious. “what ever you say, McCreery” Scotty said mimicking you “i do not sound like that!” you said turning back to look at him “i do not sound like that!” he said mimicking you once again “stop it!” “stop it!” “come on” “come on” “please, Scotty?” you asked giving him the puppy dog eyes “you know I can;t resist that look of yours” he said smiling at you. Without realizing it, you blushed slightly “i know” you said with a smug smile as you looked away once again.

Zoning out, not paying enough attention, you hadn’t realized when Scotty stopped the truck “you getting out?” he asked looking at you “huh, oh” you said looking from the window to him, he shook his head as he slightly laughed and got out.Unbuckling your seat belt, you climbed out of the truck and looked up “really Scotty? This is where you wanted to take me?” you asked looking up at the large red letters written across the building “It’s Bojangles! You gotta love it” he said waiting for you at the door, slowly you walked up to him and he opened the door for you “scotty i dont have any money with me” you said walking into the building “it’s alright, i’m paying for you” he said sending you one of those cheesy smiles of his “um, no your not, how about i just go save you a seat and talk to you while you eat, alright sounds good” you said patting his back and walking away before he could argue. Taking a seat at one of the booths, you relaxed and waited.

Minutes later Scotty walked over with a tray of food, he set it down on the table then sat down “are you really going to eat that all?” you asked “haha! no, some of its for you” he said with a smile “Scotty i said n-” Scotty shoved a french fry into your mouth before you could finish “oh shut up and just eat”  he said picking up a box of food and cup of sweet tea, setting it in front of you. “fine, but i’m paying you back” you said picking up the cup of sweet tea and putting the straw up to your lips “i’m not gonna let you” Scotty said picking up a french fry and throwing it into his mouth and slowly chewing, you glared at him but then went back to eating. A silence fell between the two you.

“so why’d ya bring me here?” you asked while taking another sip of your sweet tea “I don’t know, I guess I just felt like we needed some time alone” he said as he took a final bite of his chicken “alone? why?” you asked sinking into your seat. Scotty took a sip of his tea before he answered “hmm, I guess i just don’t feel like we spend enough time together” he said looking out the window “but we spend everyday together?” you questioned, a little bit confused, scotty looked back at you “i mean alone, just you and me” he said running his fingers through his hair “oh..” you said as your cheeks began to redden slightly, “i’ll be right back i forgot something” Scotty said winking at you as he got up and walked away, you blushed a deeper shade of red as you watched him walk away. The sound of yelling and shouting coming from outside caught your attention, turning slightly you saw five familiar looking guys walking towards the building. Realizing it was the boys from the blue crew and also the boys from earlier you quickly turned away trying to hide yourself.

Scotty was heading back your way, box in hand. “i got us a bo berry biscuit” he said with a smile as he set it down on the table “love those! But we gotta go!” you said getting up “why?” he asked looking at you confused “umm well you know how you wanted to be alone?” you asked, he nodded his head still confused “well we wont be alone for long” you said pointing out the window, he turned his head towards the window and saw as the boys were just about to walk in “come on” he said picking up the box and grabbing your arm as he pulled you out the door as quickly as he could. Keeping your head down, the both of you walked right past the boys and made your way to the truck “There’s Scotty” you heard from behind you, looking behind, the boys had turned around and were heading towards you “come on!” Scotty said as he pulled you faster to the truck, getting in he quickly turned on the engine and put the truck in reverse, and pulled out of the Bojangles parking lot.