Chapter 94...

He swung his bat back and forth for a moment, as he stepped up to the plate; at the City of Hope Celebrity Softball game. “Scotty McCreery is waiting for his pitch” the announcer spoke slowly, as Scotty tapped the bat against the plate. Bringing his bat up, in his usual form, Scotty looked out to the pitcher. With the sheer locking of their eyes, the pitcher winded up his arm and let the ball release from his fingers, sailing towards Scotty’s direction. Scotty didn’t swing, as the pitch was too low. Getting up out of his stance, he backed away letting the catcher throw the ball back. “and that wasn’t it either” came the announcers voice among the stadium. Scotty stepped back up towards the plate. “Are you gonna swing or not?” That familiar southern drawl rang out throughout the crowd. Everyone’s eyes darted over to second base. Where little miss Lauren Alaina stood there, hands resting on her hips, as a slight ‘cocky’ look formed her face. “oh, trash talking from the idols” the announcer laughed. Your eyes looked back onto Scotty, who was simply laughing as he swung his bat back and forth, then got back into his stance.

The pitcher winded up his arm once more, and the ball came sailing towards Scotty. But like before the pitch was too low. As the announcer made a remark about the pitchers throwing techniques, Scotty backed up, and the catcher threw the ball back towards the pitcher. For a third time now, Scotty stepped back up towards the base, he got in his little stance and locked eyes with the pitcher. The lopsided smile that was on Scotty’s lips just a moment before was now set in a stress line, as he got all serious. The pitcher winded up his arm, and the ball went flying towards Scotty. With all his strength Scotty swung the bat. There was a crashing sound as the softball came in contact with the metal bat. And in that moment of Scotty dropping his bat, he was off sprinting for first base.

“Come on Scotty!” you screamed at the top of your lungs.

Reaching first base, he slowed down for a moment, but seeing it was clear, he took off for second. As he was nearing it, his arms reached out, and soon he wrapped them around Lauren Alaina, causing her to be pushed away from the base. An ‘aww’ing sound began to float throughout the crowd, as Lauren fought Scotty off her, then Scotty ran back towards the second base.

With just mere minutes passing, Scotty slid into home plate. The crowd cheered, and you just clapped along, as you watched Scotty get up, and dust himself off. Then as he walked towards the dug out, he turned towards you, winked, and went in. A simple shade of red creeped onto your cheeks, as the girls behind you began to freak out, thinking it was towards them. “he’s such a flirt” Ashley whispered to you. Quickly nodding, you turned your attention back to the game, hoping not to miss too much.

-

“And the After Midnite team wins!” the announcer yells over the speakers, as the rest of the players come running into the dug out. “oh boy, now we’re going to here Scotty talk about this loss all day” Ashley jokingly groaned, as she got up out of her seat and followed after her parents. “well won’t that be fun” you said, rolling your eyes with a sense of sarcasm in your tone. Ashley just laughed, as you two walked down the stairs and onto the field.

“you did great, son!” Mr. McCreery said, once Scotty came running your way. “yeah youre a true sport” Judy commented. “way to go bro!” Ashley said, jokingly punching his arm. “thanks guys” he said smiling at all of them, then turning to face you.

Since there were still cameras around, and nether one of you wanted to let loose the secret of you two dating, you both just stood there smiling. That was until, you stepped forward and wrapped your arms around him in a friendly hug. He hugged you back, then you two separated once again, but not without you whispering “that’s my major leaguer”. He smiled at that, then turned around to the sound of his name being called by a familiar voice.