Chapter 45...

Cuddled up in your blankets, you sat there on the couch, as ‘Elf’  the movie played on the screen before you. It had been two hours since Scotty had dropped you off, and you have been sitting in front of the TV that whole entire time.

The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear” you whispered at the same time that Buddy the elf had said it. Just then a loud honking sound came from outside, looking around confused, you slowly got up off the couch and wrapped the blanket around you as you walked to the door. With a flick of your wrist, you turned the door knob, and pulled the door open.

Your eyebrows raised slightly, as you found Scotty standing there, in front of his families truck, hands in his pockets, smile on his face. “what are you doing here? Arent you supposed to still be at Jay’s that game couldnt of ended already” you said stepping out onto the porch, shutting the door behind you, and making your way down the stairs “well ya know, im having my parents record it for me, and hanging with the guys wasnt much fun” he said shrugging his shoulders “why wasnt it fun?” you asked “well, mostly because you werent there” he said smiling brighter at you “oh Scotty, stop it, you gotta just forget about me whe-” you began but you were cut off by Scotty clamping his hand over your mouth “i could never forget about you no matter what, you’re part of my world” he said pulling his hand slowly away. You jaw dropped slightly, you were shocked and confused at the same time. “well come on (yourname)” he said grabbing your hand and pulling you to the truck. “where are we going? I’m not even wearing shoes!” you objected pulling your hand away”we’ll be coming right back here, now come on” he said opening the passenger side door for you. Rolling your eyes, you got in and buckled up, as scotty walked over to the other side and got in. Pulling away from the curb, Scotty smiled at you “dagum, you really need to stop giving me that look” Scotty said laughing a bit as he looked back to the road “what look?” you asked “that mad yet sweet look, it sends shivers down my back” he said shaking his head a bit “is that a bad thing?” you laughed “well maybe a little bit, but i kinda like it” he said laughing “oh Scotty…” you said as you turned and looked out the window, as the houses passed by.

Not even ten minutes later, you guys pulled into the local grocery store, ‘Lowes food’. “what are we doing here?” you asked as you unbuckled your seat belt “you will see, now put these on and come on” he said handing you a pair of sneakers, that were sitting in the back seat of the truck. “but theyre too big” you complained “would you rather come in their with me, or stay out here?” “yeah i think i’ll come in” you said quickly slipping the shoes on “thats what i thought” Scotty laughed as he got out of the truck, and waited around front for you. Once you were finished tieing the laces, you quickly got up and walked to the front of the truck and you and Scotty headed in for the store.

Walking through the doors, you looked around “hey Scotty, what are you doing here? You dont have work today” one of the cashiers said “i know, just coming to pick up my paycheck” Scotty said with a smile, he then turned to you “i’ll be right back, you can stay here if you want, or you can go look around, i’ll come find you” he said with a smile, you nodded your head and headed into one of the aisles.

Skimming through the candy, you waited for Scotty to come along, and soon enough you heard the thud sounds of his boots and the soft yet deep voice as he sang along to the music over the speakers “okay pick out what ever you want” Scotty said placing the check into his wallet, and shoving it back into his pocket. “huh?” you asked confused “pick out what ever you want” Scotty said once again “umm okay” you said slowly making your way down the aisle, Scotty followed behind you, and soon enough you both were out of the candy aisle, you decided to head to the dessert area of the store & ended up picking up the firs thing of cookies you saw “good choice” scotty said, “well of course, their all Christmasy see!” you said pointing to the snowman and santa shaped cookies “yeah i see, it that all you want?” he asked “i want hot chocolate too, where is that at?” you asked “why do you think i would know?” he asked “umm maybe because you work here” you said crossing your arms, being careful not to squish the cookies “alright follow me, ma’am” he said winking at you, you glowered at him, but didnt say anything as you followed after him.

Eventually you guys were checked out and were heading back to the truck “thanks Scotty” you said carrying the bag by your side “you’re welcome” he said shoving his wallet back into his pocket. “are we going back to my house now?” you asked as you got into the truck and buckled up “yep” he said putting the key into the ignition and turning it. You guys’ pulled out of the parking lot and headed home. but instead of Scotty taking a right turn, he took a left turn “where are we going?” you asked “i gotta stop at Jay’s house real quick” he said focusing on the road “oh, um alright..” you said turning your gaze out the window, and soon enough he pulled into the driveway. “i’ll be right back” he said climbing out of the truck and heading for the house. Watching him, you saw him standing there and eventually the door opened, he stepped inside and the door shut, crossing your arms you relaxed and waited.

Curiosity got the best of you five minutes later, as Scotty was still inside the house. “what is that boy doing” you said out loud, as you quickly climbed out of the truck and quietly climbed the front porch. You stood there for a moment, trying to think if you should knock or just peek through the window to see what he was doing. The second option was your choice, and you made your way to the window, peaking in you saw all the guys surrounding the TV, all except for Scotty. “where’d he go?” you asked yourself, just then he walked out of the kitchen, plate of cookies in hand. You glared at him, but he couldnt see you, as he put his attention right away on the game. “thats it.” you said going over towards the door and knocking, but as soon as you pounded your fist against the door for a third time you regretted it. Backing up slowly, you werent sure if you should stand there and face it, or be a coward and run. You just stood there, and a moment later the door opened, revealing a older woman, she smiled at you “oh hi (yourname) the boys are in surrounding the TV, if you want to come in” she said too you, as she was drying a plate with a towel “oh no its alright, i’m just waiting for Scotty, he said he’d be right out but i guess not” you said with a light giggle upon your lips “ahh, well you know boys and their sports these days” “sure do, umm but if ya dont mind me asking, what are the guys talking about in there?” you said. She smiled at you and stepped out of the house, closing the door behind her, she gestured for you to take a seat in one of the chairs that was sitting there on the porch, you graciously took a seat. “well you know their boys, so its either between three things, sports, food, or girls, but right now theyre talking about girls, especially one in particular” she said with a smile “who?” you asked “you” she said “Me? why me?” you asked confused “hun, you’re beautiful, of course guys would be talking about you” “oh, well whats Scotty saying?” “not much really, he’s mostly just smiling ear to ear whenever the guys say your name, and hes just agreeing how beautiful you are thats really it” she said sending you a warm smile “oh well thats not too bad” you said “alright, well i’ll send Scotty out, have a nice day sweetheart” “thank you, you too” you said getting up out of the seat and walking down the porch stairs and getting into the truck. You liked Mrs. Smith, she was a sweet lady for sure and she was also a family friend, she helped your mom when she had you, she was always there for you whenever you had need her.

A moment later the driver side truck door opened and Scotty climbed in “sorry about that” he said buckling his seat belt “its alright’ you said while buckling up yourself. He soon backed out of the driveway, and headed in the right direction home.