Chapter 77...

Turning the key in the ignition, the atmosphere became quiet, as the music died down in the truck. Scotty looked over at you, you turned to him, meeting his eyes “ready?” he asked, you nodded “mhm” and then started unbuckling your seat belt. 

Adjusting your dress, Scotty was already out of the truck and at your door, he opened it for you and held his hand out. Graciously, you took it, with a hint of a smile on your lips, and he helped you out of the truck.

Slamming the truck door shut and without letting go of your hand, Scotty and you made your way towards the building “did i tell you how beautiful you look?” he said, slowing his pace down “i think you may have mentioned it” you said, biting your lip and looking briefly down at the ground “well i’m gonna tell you as many times as i possible can tonight” he said with a wink “and why would you wanna do that?” you asked, slowing down your pace a bit more “cause i know for a fact that once you step through those doors, you will be comparing yourself to every single girl in room, and i just want you to feel beautiful” he said, squeezing your hand lightly “Scotty, you truly are a charmer, whoever you end up marrying will be one lucky girl” you said, lightly nudging him, he just shook his head and laughed “come on, let get in there” he said, pulling you lightly.

The colorful lights flashed over you and Scotty, as you stepped through the doors, as the music bumped through the speakers. And like Scotty had mentioned only moments ago you began to look at every single girl, in there glitter covered dresses, in the room “hey look at me” Scotty whispered into your ear. Turning to look at him, you saw how he was only inches away from you “don’t pay attention to the other girls, you’re beautiful and thats all you need to think about” he said, as he began to pull you across the dance floor, over to your guys’ friends in the corner of the room.

“well look who it is the two in blue” James said, once you guys were in hearing distance. “who? Where?” Scotty asked sarcastically, as he spun around in circles, repeatedly. Covering your mouth with your hand, you tried to control your laughter, as you quietly walked over towards some of the girls. Scotty stopped and once he realized you were busy he began to talk to some of the guys.

“yo (yourname) love the boots” James said, you did a swift turn and looked at him “oh thanks, you know i just thought it completed the look, dontcha think?” you asked him “definitely” he said with a wink, then turned to look at the other guys.

Rolling your eyes, you turned back to face the girls, they were all smiling at you “what?” you asked “you did the cowboy boots for Scotty didn’t you?” Jordan asked “maybe” you said, lightly rubbing your arm.

“why didn’t you compliment my shoes? Don’t you think they complete my outfit?” Kyle said loudly. All you girls turned to look “well you know, i guess” James said nervously “thanks, boo” Kyle said putting his arm around James’ neck, then pulling his head down and quickly rubbing his knuckle against James’ hair, giving him a noogie. Laughter came over the whole group “man, cut it out, you’re not my type” James said trying to get out of Kyle’s clutch “but, but but” Kyle began to say “dude come on, the girls are watching” he said, finally getting away. Quickly he walked over to Clara and place his arm around her waist “come on?” James asked, looking at Clara, who nodded and the two began to walk away, but not without everyone hearing him say “i guess i’m just too irresistible”.

“oh my goodness, he certainly is one strange guy” you said turning towards the other girls, they all nodded vigorously. “i’d have to agree” you heard that familiar deep voice say. Looking up, Scotty was standing there looking at you “wanna get something to drink with me?” he asked, nodded towards the refreshments “sure” you nodded. He slipped his arm around your neck as you slipped your behind his back and you both walked towards the drinks.