Chapter 111...

"you seem a little, off, today. Are you okay?" your mom asked, once she had pulled into your family driveway. “I’m fine" you shrugged, as you bent over and snatched your backpack up off the floor of the car. “is it because of Scotty?" she asked. “no, I’m fine mom" you pushed on, as you quickly climbed out of the car. Of course it was about Scotty. He had gone away for the weekend for the Virtual Reality Tour, like he always does, but instead of seeing him leaning up against Loretta on Monday morning, he was not there, leaving you not just confused but slightly hurt that he didn’t mention not showing up. 

Pushing open the front door, you walked inside, only to be met with a warm essence of comfort. You tossed your back pack on the couch, then pivoted and ran your way up the stairs.

-

"I’ll be home later tonight, I promise" his deep voice spoke through the receiver of your phone. You could hear the sadness in his voice, it hurt you to know that he was upset. “alright Scotty, I’ll see you then" you said in a voice with a little bit of cheer in it, hoping to make him feel better. “I’ll see you then too, oh and my dad and sister are most likely gonna invite you over to pass out candy with them, so get ready to receive that text" he said, some what quickly. 

And as if it was on cue, you heard the soft ping of a text message. “i think thats them, got to go, love you" you said, as a smile slowly spread on your face. “love you too, see you in a little while" he said just before he hung up the phone. 

Pulling the phone away, you looked at the screen and seen that you had a text from Ashley McCreery, of course stating that her and her father wanted you to come over and pass out candy. Quickly you typed in a message, and then pressed sent.

Getting up off the couch you walked towards the kitchen. “mom im gonna go over to the McCreery’s they want me to pass out candy with them, is that alright?" you asked. “sure sweetheart, just dont be out too late" she spoke from the stove. “dont worry, i wont" you said, as you turned around and headed for the door.

-

"thanks for coming!" Ashley said as she pulled you into a hug, once you had entered the living room of the McCreery’s house. “thanks for inviting me" you said with a smile as you hugged her back. She soon let go and you took a seat on the couch. 

"here (yourname) take some candy, we just won’t let Mrs. McCreery know that any of us took some" Mr. McCreery offered, as he handed you the bowl. “thanks" you said, taking the bowl from his grasp and then reaching your hand in. Suddenly a plastic hand popped out of the bowl and grabbed onto your hand. “ahh!" you yelped as the bowl flew from your hands, and candy went everywhere. 

Ashley and Mike began to laugh. You turned in their direction and glared at them “not funny, you guys" you said, as you began to scoop the candy back into the bowl. “hey it was ash’s idea" Mike said, clearing his throat. “of course it was" you said, setting the bowl on the coffee table in front of you. 

Ashley suddenly stood up and put her phone to her ear. Mike and you sat there in silence and watched as Ashley continuously nodded her head and let out a few ‘mhm’s in the process. Then she soon hung up her phone and put it back in her pocket. “alright Scotty and mom are on there way from the air port right now. So (yournane) i want you to go upstairs into Scotty’s room. We want to surprise him with you!" she said pulling you off the couch and leading you upstairs. “alright" you said with a smile as you then ran up the stairs.

Opening the door to his room, you stepped inside and shut the door. It was dark, and you wanted to keep it that way. So you aimlessly walked through his room, and made your way to his bed. 

You took a seat and just began to sit there, waiting.

Your eyes went wide as you suddenly felt an arm snake around your waist. You fell back down against a warm frame of their body, and were about to let out a scream  until you heard that familiar chuckle. “Scotty?" you asked in a whisper. “the one and only" he whispered in your ear. You sat up and quickly pulled out your phone. Pressing the button, the screen became bright as it ‘woke up’. You faced the screen towards Scotty face. He was starring at you, with a smirk on his face and his eyes smoldering in your direction. 

"i thought you werent gonna be here for awhile?" you asked. “well i may have fibbed just a little" he said lifting up his hand and putting his thumb and pointer finger close to each other. “Scott Cook McCreery, how long have you been home for?" you asked “um possibly since eight this morning" he shrugged, as an innocent look swerved onto his face. You glared at him, then got up off the bed and walked towards the bedroom light.

You flipped it on and then turned and faced him. “oh mister, you oh me big time!" you said while crossing your arms. He climbed up off the bed, and grabbed onto your arms, uncrossing them. “and whys that?" he asked, holding onto your hands. “for leaving me to go to school by myself" you simply said. “oh well im sorry" he said pulling your hands behind his back, then he wrapped his arms around you. “do you forgive me?" he asked, placing his forhead on yours. “maybe". “how about now?" he asked, leaning down and giving you a quick kiss. “alright i guess so" you said, giving him that dazed look of yours. He chuckled. “come on lets get downstairs before the trick or treaters start to arrive" he said pulling you out of the room.

-

Scotty and you sat in the living room, along with his sister and parents, while watching a movie. The bell rang, and everyone besides Scotty put there finger to their nose, except for Scotty. “nose goes!" Ashley said, turning towards Scotty, who rolled his eyes and got out of your arms. He got up off the couch, picked up the candy bowl and headed for the front door. 

He opened the door, and you could hear the quiet voices saying ‘trick or treat’. But then a sudden squeal caught everyone in the living room off guard. You and the three McCreery’s got up, and quietly made your way to the door. 

There, in front of Scotty, stood a teenage girl, with two little trick or treaters by her side. “you’re Scotty McCreery, arent you?" she asked excitedly. You could tell Scotty was smiling, even though you were facing his back. “ya i am" he said, picking up some candy and putting it into the kids bags. “i love your music! It’s amazing! You’re amazing! OH MY GOSH! That’s Judy, Mike and Ashley!" she spoke eagerly. “and, is that one of your friends?" she continued. Scotty turned and looked towards you guys. He smiled, then turned back around. “she sure is" he said with a smile. “oh my gosh this is so exciting!" she spoke, practically jumping up and down. “aunt Alli, come on!" the little girl dressed as Cinderella say, as she began to tug on her aunts t-shirt. “alright alright, it was nice meeting you guys!" the girls, who name was apparently Alli, said as she was being dragged away by the two little kids. “you too! have a nice night" Scotty said, with a final smile as he shut the door. 

He then turned around and raised an eyebrow at you all “that was interesting" he spoke as he walked towards the couch and placed the bowl of candy on the table. You walked over and he held his arms out towards you. With a smirk you fell into his arms. You chuckled as he placed his arms tightly around you. “lets see how many more of those im gonna get tonight" he said giving you a kiss on the cheek, before he turned to look back at the tv.

-

"Scotty im tired" you whined into your phone, as you laid in your better, later that night. “go to bed then" he chuckled. You turned and looked out your window. He was sat on the end of his bed, starring out his own window towards you. “but i want to keep talking to you" you said with a frown. “i know you do, but i’ll be here tomorrow" he said “promise?" you asked “promise" he said “alrightttt, night scotty" you said, as you laid your head back against your pillow “night, i love you" he said quietly. “i love you too" you said, just before your eyes shut.