Chapter 81...

"alright, that’s all for today, talk quietly amongst yourselves” the teacher droned out, as he put down the dry erase marker, and made his way to his desk.

Slowly, you lifted up your head, waking up after a ten minute nap. ‘he didn’t even realize i was asleep?’you thought to yourself as you rubbed your now droopy eyes, and then stretched in your chair.

Turning yourself to the side, and standing up, you pulled your back pack onto your shoulders, knowing the bell would be ringing any minute now.

Looking around the room, you realized there was no one really too talk to, yeah, you could talk to Clara, but she was too busy writing ‘i love James’ all over her notebook, and you didn’t want to bother her. So, instead, you turned around and walked down the aisle of desks, then made your way to the empty desk near the door.

Taking a seat, you stared up at the clock, counting down the seconds. You wanted out of there this instant, and there were many reasons why, that you could think right off the top of your head.

one, school bores me. two, i can talk to Scotty. three, american idol is on tonight and i can see Scotty one again.’ you thought, with a smile forming on your face, as you looked away from the clock, and out the glass window on the door.

Just then, the bell rang, quickly you got up and bolted out of the room. ‘Locker, then i’m home free’ you thought, as you practically jogged down the hallway.

Reaching your locker, you put your fingers on the lock and began to spin in the combination. A moment later, your locker opened with ease, you grabbed your jacket and slung it over your arm, as you shut your locker then turned down the hallway.

Only a few feet away from the door, you heard a stampede of feet behind you. Without thinking much of it, you just kept walking, but before you knew it, someone had ahold of your back pack and yanked you back. A soft ‘woah’ came out of your mouth as you came to a hault. Looking behind you, your lips turned up into a smirk, as you found James, Kyle and Chris standing there “what do you guys want?” you asked, turning towards them, crossing your arms. “we wanna hang out” James said, shrugging his shoulders and crossing his arms “i can’t i-” you began to protest, but he held up his hand to stop you “no, we asked your parents, they said it was fine, now come on” James said, walking in front of you, towards the door “but, i gotta watch-” you started again “American idol, yeah we know, you’re watching it at my house” Kyle said, nudging you lightly “there is no way to get around you boys, is there?” you said, following them out the building “no way at all” Chris said, winking at you. Rolling your eyes, you followed them out through the parking lot, and watched as they all headed for there cars “come on” James & Kyle said at the same time, you looked back and forth from the boys, not sure who to go with, “ride with Kyle, we’ll see you guys over there in a little bit” Chris said, as he shut his car door “okay” you said, climbing in the passenger seat.

“ready?” Kyle asked, as your seat belt made a click noise. Looking up from it towards him, you nodded, “yup” you said, then turned and looked out the window, as he backed out of the space and drove out of the school parking lot.

With so many times going to Kyle’s with Scotty, you know how to get there like you know the back of your hand. But, instead of taking the usual right turn, he took a left. Looking away from the window, towards Kyle, you found him grinning “where are we going?” you asked, looking out the windshield “the lake” he said, just shrugging his shoulders “and why are we going there? We’re suppose to be going to your house” you said looking back towards him “oh don’t worry, we’ll get there in time” he said. Knowing there was no way you were going to win this argument, you just gave up, and rested back in your seat.