Chapter 69...

You lay there, on your bed, eyes open and legs hanging off. It had been a few days, most likely over a week, since the party, and it was now just a typical Sunday afternoon. Everyday since then you had seen Scotty, but the kiss was never brought up. In your mind though, you thought of it day in and day out.

Still, you could remember the feel of his lips softly pressed against yours, as the currents flowed through your body, leaving a trail of tingles in it’s absents.

All this made you wonder why you were waiting till after idol to date Scotty. Yet the answer was simple, you didn’t want to hold Scotty back from American idol or his future. But with this all going on, you were afraid to wait. Afraid that you’d lose your chance with Scotty and that’d he find someone better on idol.

Even though the wanting to be with Scotty was killing you inside, you finally came to the conclusion that you’d have to wait till after idol. And if he found someone during the whole competition, you’d try as best to be happy for him, he is your best friend right?

Suddenly, your bedroom door swung open, and smacked against your wall, making you jump slightly and also taking you out of your thoughts. Looking towards the door, you found Scotty standing there, he smiled for a moment then took a step into the room “sorry ‘bout that” he said pointing towards the door, “it’s alright” you said, slowly sitting up “what are you doing here?” you continued. He stopped walking, “what am i not supposed to be here?” he asked “cause i can go if ya want me too” he said pointing behind himself, “no, no, i was just curious as to why you came over, that’s all” you shrugged, as you patted the bed for him to come sit down by you. He smirked, and took a seat “oh you know, just came to visit my best friend” he said nudging your shoulder with his. “your best friend, right” you mumbled under your breath, “what was that?” Scotty asked, giving you a confused look. Biting your lip slightly, you looked him right in the eyes “oh, i said” you thought for a moment, racking your brain for the first thing you could think of “but you just saw me this morning, before you left for church, remember?” you said, faking a small laugh “i know but” he began to say, but soon trailed off, as he fell against the bed, and just laid there “but what?” you asked, laying down by him, “i like seeing you” he said, with a shrug, as his eyes lit up as a gentle smile spread across his face “but what about your other friends?” you asked, furrowing your brow “what about them?” “don’t you like seeing them too?” “i do, but your my favorite” he said, smiling even bigger than before “oh, i know i am” you said smugly.

Silence fell between you two then, “Scotty” you suddenly whispered, you hadn’t meant to say it out loud, but it was too late. “yeah? he asked, turning to look at you. “what do you thinks’ gonna happen in the future, you know between me and you?” you asked, turning your gaze up to your ceiling “well it depends, how far into the future?” he asked, following your gaze up to the ceiling “American Idol future” you said after taking a deep breath. “oh, cause American idol future and future future are two complete different situations” he said, laughing for a moment ” hmm, it’ll be like normal, but instead of seeing me in person you’ll be seeing me on the TV screen and we’ll be texting and calling a lot more” he said, shrugging slightly “so you won’t forget about me?” you asked, looking towards him, finding him already looking at you “(yourname) i don’t think i ever could forget about you, even if i tried” he said, sitting up and turning to look at you. You sat up too, and turned your body to face him “promise?” you asked, “promise” he said, pulling you into a hug.

Resting your chin on his shoulder, you two sat there in complete silence. These were the kind of moments you loved sharing with Scotty. He was the kind of friend that had been there for you since day one, and you never wanted to leave his side.

Scotty’s fingers began to slowly move away from your back, this made you think he was letting go of the hug, but that thought came to a complete halt when Scotty’s fingers reached your sides and he began to tickle you. Falling backwards you bust out into laughter as you kicked your legs, trying to get him to stop. “Scotty, stop it!” you yelled in between laughs “whats the magic word?” he asked, smile plastered on his face as he kept tickling you “please?” you asked “thats not it!” he said “please don’t make me say it!” you begged, as you were still laughing and he was still tickling you. “it’s the only way to get free!” he objected “fine! Scotty McCreery, is the most adorable, guy in the whole entire world and any girl would be lucky to call him theirs! you happy now?” you asked, as you sat up. “well, dagum, i think you added a few extra words in there” he winked “always knew you were in love with me” he said while laughing “i did not!” you said, glaring at him “oh i think you did!” he said slowly leaning in towards you “did not” you mumbled, looking down at your hands resting on your lap “did too” he whispered, placing two fingers under your chin, and carefully lifting your head up so you were looking at him “did not” you mumbled, as your cheeks became stained with a rose color, as you had realized how close you and Scotty were. He let his hand drop, as he just sat there and smiled at you. Sitting there you tried to figure out what Scotty was thinking, but no expression on his face could give it away. Slowly he began to pull away, “i better get going” he said, as he stood up. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he waited for you to respond. “alright, i’ll see you later” you said getting up off your bed, after a moment of just starring at him blankly. Tiipping his head towards you for a second, he turned around and headed out your bedroom door.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, you watched as Scotty opened the front door, and quickly made his way out of it, shutting it behind him. Running over to the window, you watched as he walked down the stairs and made his way across the yard. “Was that Scotty?” you heard a familiar voice from behind you ask. Turning around, you found your mom standing there “yeah” you said, “hmm, i thought he would be here longer” she said, as she began to head into the kitchen. “guess not” you said, turning slightly and running back up the stairs.

Scotty’s P.O.V

Stepping into the house, he quickly walked through the living room and headed for the stairs, not really wanting to talk to anyone.

Before he knew it, he was already twisting the door knob to his bedroom, and walking inside.

That’s when he grabbed his guitar from the stand in the corner of the room, and laid down on his bed, as he began to strum.

After a few minutes, he placed his guitar next to him on the bed and grabbed the pillow behind his head, and covered his face with it. “Scotty, what are you doing man, youre hurting her and yourself.” he mumbled to himself, under the pillow, “that’s it, i gotta stop acting like that around her” he continued“it’s all gonna stop now” he said, pulling the pillow away from his head, and sitting up in bed.

Looking out his window, across the room, he could see (yourname), in her room, dancing around, not giving a care to the world around her. “it has too” he said in a mumbled tone, as he put his feet on the floor, and pushed himself off the bed and walked out of the room.