Chapter 89...

It was barely eleven in the morning when you woke up. The lids of your eyes twitched for a second, as you rolled over in your sheets. The light peering in from the windows lightly warmed your face, causing a tiny smile to creep onto your lips, as your eyes slowly opened. Sitting up, you starred out your window. It was a normal sunny day in North Carolina, but something seemed off. The sun was high in the sky, that was normal. People were out walking, that was normal too. Suddenly your eyes met with the humble house next door. Looking across, you peered into the window level with yours. His window was tightly closed, and the room was dark, but Scotty wasn’t in his bed. ‘where is he?’you asked yourself. That’s when it hit you like a ton of boulders. ‘he’s gone for eight days!’ you thought, smacking your forehead with the palm of your hand. 

Feeling as if your day had been completely ruined, you looked down to the driveway below, and that’s when you didn’t see your parents car there. Licking your lips, you flung your blankets off yourself, grabbed your phone and walked out of the room.

“mom? Dad?” you called as you walked down the hallway, but there was no respone. Like usual, you stopped at the top of the banister, and looked over, still no one in sight. Then you ran down the stairs.

Going over to the door, you looked out the peephole, but your parents weren’t there. You looked in the living room, and again no one was there. Finally you walked into the kitchen, thats where you found the note.

‘Hun, went to the store, be back soon! Love you -Mom & Dad’

You set the piece of paper back on the kitchen table and turned around to go back upstairs. your phone buzzed in the palm of your hand then, you stopped in the middle of the living room and looked at the screen ‘Scotty (:’ it said in it’s simple text, a smile was instantly on your face as you opened the message.

‘Just landed in Atlanta, miss you already! ): But it’s only 8 days! Won’t be too long till i see that beautiful girlfriend of mine ;D See you soon (yourname), text me once you get up!”

‘girlfriend, man i’m never gonna get over that’ you said out loud, as you grabbed onto the staircase railing and ran your way up the stairs.

-8 days later-

Scotty’s POV

i”m home!’ his fingers typed into the small text box, then pressed the tweet button, which sent the little message to hundreds of thousands of fans twitter timelines. He smiled, knowing just that two word simple tweet, would make so many people smile, even if it was just stating the obvious.

Carefully he shoved his phone into his back pocket, and rested his head against the window of the car, as his dad pulled away from the airport. “betcha glad to be back, Scotty?” Mr. McCreery asked from the drivers seat. “you have no idea” Scotty tiredly said, but still had a smile placed on his face, as he stared out the window at his home. “i bet it’s because of (yourname)” Ashley quietly commented as she scrolled through her twitter app. Scotty just chuckled knowing that it was the truth. “Scotty you blew up my timeline again!” Ashley said looking up from her phone and towards her brother “oh I did?” Scotty asked, raising an eyebrow “see!” she said, practically shoving the phone into his face, where he could see tweets that read ‘will you marry me?’, ‘I LOVE YOU!!!’, ‘how was your trip?’, and so on. He just laughed once more, and closed his eyes. “you always do this when i’m actually taking time to read my timeline” she said pulling her phone away “no i dont” he said, with eyes still closed “yes you do” Ashley quietly said, quickly scrolling through her timeline. Scotty didn’t say another word, and Ashley laughed knowing she won their littler bicker.