Chapter 32...

The wind grew stronger with every step you took, a light shade of red covered your nose and cheeks as your skin grew colder as the temperature dropped farther. “it’s just around the block, not much longer” you whispered to yourself as you carried on walking.

Coming to the end of the block you began to quicken your pace, just thinking about the warmth you’ll be feeling any second now. Walking halfway down the street, you came to a stop at a Victorian home, and headed right for the front door. Knocking three times you waited, a moment later an elderly woman answered the door “oh my, come on in sweetheart” she said stepping aside, giving you room to walk in. “thanks, grandma” you said walking into the house. The sweet smells of vanilla, peppermint and pumpkin spice, lingered around the house. Leading you into the kitchen, your grandma gestured for you to take a seat, as she got a cup and poured some hot chocolate into it. Taking a sip you watched as she sat down at the other end of the table “so sweetheart, what do you need to talk about this time?” she asked in a curious tone “huh?” you asked “usually you only come to see me if there’s something you wanna talk about” she said smiling at you “well it’s about, Scotty” you said “oh he sure does take a good liking to you” she said “that’s just it, everyone says he likes me, they say he has said he likes me, but I must be blind as a bat, cause I don’t see it.” you said in a rush, “well what do you see?” she asked “what do I see? I see Scotty, Scott Cooke McCreery, the guy I’ve known since I was ten, the guy who let me into his life and became my friend. The one who’s always there for me, through everything, no matter what’s going on in his life he always put me first. The guy who I think I fell in love with, that’s what I see.” you said as a few tears slid down your cheeks, quickly you wiped them away. Slowly your grandma placed her hands on yours “you wanna know what I see?” she asked “what?” “i see a young 17 year old guy, one who truly has taken a sweet liking to my 16 year old beautiful granddaughter, thats what i see.” she said pulling her hands away from yours and smiling sweetly at you “but how do you see that?” you asked curiously “now you’ll have to figure that out for yourself, sweetheart” she said getting up from the table and walking over to the oven, as she pulled out freshly made cookies. Sitting back in your seat you thought over what your grandma had said, as you starred up at the ceiling.

Hugging your grandma goodbye, she held you tightly “you’ll figure it out soon sweetheart, trust me” she whispered then kissed you lightly on the cheek, smiling slightly you walked out of the house and began to walk in the direction of your house. Taking out your phone you looked at the time, it was later then you actually thought, and it was already dark outside, you began quickening your pace, knowing you were going to be in trouble.

Half an hour later, you finally reached your house. There must of been more than just your parents and sister in there, because you could hear numerous different voices inside. Slowly you walked up onto the porch and peered into the window, through a crack between the curtains. Inside you could see your mother pacing back in forth, and you father was sitting there in the chair by her, trying to calm her down, but you couldnt see anyone else. Taking a deep breath you open the door and stepped into the house. Your parents looked up at you, your mom quickly walked over and pulled you into her arms, protectively. “She’s back” your dad yelled out, suddenly the McCreery’s and other neighboring families walked out of the kitchen then, “whats going on?” you asked confused “where have you been missy? Your mother here has been worried” your dad asked coming over towards you “i was at grandma’s house, what am i not allowed over there anymore?” you said crossing your arms, once you said the word grandma’s house your mom breathed easier, “oh alright, just next time please let us know where you are, okay?” she asked “yeah i’m sorry…” you said trailing off as your parents went to go tell everyone where you were. Looking over into the swam of people, you saw Scotty over their by his parents. Wanting to be alone, you walked over to the coffee table and picked up the note pad and pen and began to write…

‘Went to park around the block, too many people in the house, be home soon. If ya need me i have my cellphone.”

Then as quickly as you could you slipped out of the house without anyone seeing you.

The temperature continued to drop, it was a cold November night. Zipping your jacket up farther, you looked around you and starred up at the stars above, as you shoved your hands into your pocket. Suddenly the sound of someone walking behind you caught your attention, but you didnt think much of it. Turning the corner you waited for them to keep going straight or atleast turn but they didnt. Quickening your pace, you hoped to lose them, but that didnt work, as you heard them catch up to you instantly, turning around you starred as they walked closer and you realized it was Scotty “oh, its you” you said continuing to walk “yeah, who’d you think i was some murderer or something?” he asked with a laugh “yeah in fact i did…” you said trailing off “you and your crazy imagination” he mumbled, but you just ignored it, it was silent the rest of the way to the park.

As you reached the park, you ran right for the swings, and took a seat on the closest one. It was freezing cold, but you didnt care. Moments later Scotty came up and sat down next to you, you began to swing, not wanting to talk to him, or anyone else. The moon was bright in the sky, and you couldnt take your eyes off of it, you stopped swinging and just looked up at the moon. “are you okay?” Scotty asked “yeah” you said flatly “are you mad at me?” he asked “nope” you said with no chance turning to look at him “do you want to be left alone?” he asked “doesnt matter” you said still not looking towards him, Scotty then got up out of the swing and began to walk away. Watching him walk away, you thought about if you should run after hum, or let him go. Finally you decided to get up and go after him. Running after him it took you longer than you thought but finally caught up to him just as he was about to leave the park. “Scotty wait” you said grabbing his arm, he stopped instantly, even before you grabbed him arm. He turned around and looked at you “yeah?” he asked “don’t go, i’m sorry” you said “why are you sorry?” he asked “because i was being rude back there” you said nudging towards the swings “no need to be sorry, it’s alright” he said shoving his hands into his pockets, it was silent for a moment, then Scotty suddenly smiled “wanna walk back home now?” he asked “yeah, that sounds good” you said smiling back at him. Turning in the direction of the house you guys began to walk home.

The snow began to trickle down in the night sky as you guys reached the end of your street, covering your face, you tried to stay warm. Scotty laughed slightly and you looked up at him, confused “what?” you asked as you two reached the house, “nothing” he said shaking his head with a small smile upon his face. Just rolling your eyes, you guys headed into your home to join the others.