Chapter 48...

Just like you thought, the school day went by slower than most days. Same teachers, same classes, same students, nothing interesting, nothing new what so ever to make the day even the littlest bit better.

“(yourname)” you heard being called as you opened your locker, turning around you found one of your friends walking over towards you “yeah?” you asked “you okay hun?” she asked, pulling you into a tight hug “yeah, um why?” you asked confused, “well you know if i had my best friend leaving me fo-” she began, then suddenly stopped talking as she pulled away from you “are you okay?” you asked her “oh yeah, i’m fine, i’ll talk to you later, bye” she said suddenly walking away. “well that was weird” you said turning to face you locker once again “what was?” you heard a deep voice ask, looking up you saw Scotty standing there leaning against the lockers “something that (friends name) was saying, i dont know it was weird” you said pulling your jacket out of your locker and slipping it on “hmm, well that does sound weird” he laughed lightly “ready to go?” he asked, as he watched you put your back pack on your shoulders “mhm” you said shutting your locker and turning towards the doors.

Soon enough, you guys were in the truck heading home. “wanna go on the back roads for a bit?” Scotty asked “sure” you said looking away from the window to him. He smiled at you then took a right, as he began to drive int he direction of the back roads.

Only a little ways into the back roads, Scotty pulled over and turned the radio down. “so what do you got to tell me today?” you asked unbuckling your seat belt and turning towards him “how do you know i have to tell you something?” he asked “everytime you do, we go to the back roads, you pull over and turn the radio down thats how i know” you said smiling at him “so what is it this time?” you continued. “well you know how on idol after the audition rounds its the hollywood week?” he asked “yeah?” you asked “well, i’m leaving Sunday of next week for hollywood week..” he trailed off rubbing the back of his neck “they do it in December?” you asked “yeah, i know crazy right?” he asked “yeah” you nodded “how long will you be gone for?” you asked “not sure” he said, your eyes watered a little bit, and you didnt know why. “are you gonna be back for Christmas?” you asked “yeah, i will be” he said smiling at you. He then saw the tears in your eyes, he wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close “why are you crying?” he asked “i’m not crying” you said looking away “yes you are, now why are you crying?” he asked once again “cause im gonna miss you” you said wiping the tears away “well im gonna miss you too, but maybe i wont make it past Hollywood round” he said “well how would that be good?” you asked “well because then i wouldnt make it to the LIVE shows and i’d be here with you” he said trying to make you smile “no Scotty, you are making it to the LIVE shows, you are going beyond farther than that” you said in a serious tone “but i dont want you to be sad and miss me” he said as his smile dropped “don’t worry about me, try your best and make it past hollywood round and then we will discuss the LIVE shows” you whispered “but..” he began “no buts” you said putting your finger up to his lips, he stopped talking and grabbed your hand ” lets just not think about this anymore, alright? Lets just think about this moment, right here, right now, just you and me” he said smiling at you “sounds good to me” you said relaxing into his side as he turned the radio up and pulled away from the side of the road, you smiled slightly as Scotty continued driving.