Chapter 38...

Slowly you opened your eyes to the barely lit room around you. Your vision was slightly blurred, so you gently rubbed your eyes, making it better to see. Turning your attention to the clock on your bed side table you read the blue lit up numbers ‘11:32 am”. Soon you became a bit confused as to why you were in your bed, last thing you remembered was being in the car, resting your head on Scotty’s shoulder as you guys drove home and then your mind went blank. Shrugging it off, you pulled the blankets away from your body as you climbed out of bed.

Walking out of your room, you heard voices coming from downstairs. As quietly as you possibly could you walked down the hallway, taking each step slowly, and made your way to the banister, and leaned over it slightly to see what was going on. Down below in the living room, sitting there on the couch was your parents, as they talked to the two girls sitting before them, with smiles on their faces. Seeing who the girls were, you didnt hesitate any longer, as you bolted down the stairs and ran past your parents “(SISTERS NAME HERE)” you yelled as you attacked the girl with a hug, making her fall to the ground. Practically laying on top of her, you looked at her and smiled “how’s college?” you asked “that’s the first thing you have to ask me?” she laughed as she tried to sit up, but you wouldnt let her “why didn’t you come home for ThanksGiving?” you asked “I told you, i was held up there at my job and school, but i’m gonna be here for the next two weeks!” she said excitedly “really?” you asked making sure she was being serious “yes!” she said smiling from ear to ear, “AHHHH!” you screamed, as you attacked her with an even bigger hug “okay (your name) sweetie, get off your sister before you kill her” your mother said “fine” you said a little sad as you got up off the floor and helping your sister up. Just then you remembered Ashley McCreery was there “oh sorry, hi Ashley” you said hugging her lightly “hi hun” she said hugging you back. Pulling away, you then realized the Mr. and Mrs. McCreery was sitting there on the love seat, seeing them there you slowly glanced around the room, making sure Scotty wasnt there “he’s outside with some friends” Mr. McCreery said smiling. Nodding you looked back at your older sister “i’ll be back down in a few minutes to talk to you two” you said hugging and then hugging Ashley. Then your ran for the stairs and jogged up them to get dressed.

Running into your room you jumped on your bed, and began to jump up and down in excitement that your sister was finally back home. “SCOTTY!” you heard being yelled. Stopping yourself, you looked out the window and saw Scotty turning towards his friends “WHAT?” Scotty called back “STOP LOOKING AT GIRLS AND GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME” his friend yelled throwing the ball at him, he swiftly caught it and threw it back “i dont know what your talking about” Scotty said, you could hear the hint of a lie in his tone. Shaking your head slowly, you closed your curtains and jumped off your bed, hitting the carpeted floor with a thud, and walked over to the mirror.

Starring at your reflection, you turned slightly and examined yourself. Hair sticking up everywhere, bags under the eyes and chapped lips, you groaned slightly and just as you were about to walk away you stopped in your tracks. There, marked on your right arm was a set of red finger prints that were already almost completely bruised. Poking at it, you winced as it throbbed at the touch, then the man’s face appeared in your head, quickly you shook your head, as if that would get the picture out of your head quicker. Not wanting to remember what happened last night, you grabbed clothes out of your drawers and began to get dressed.

Putting your sweatpants on was the easy part, pulling on your shirt was a different story, as you tried to not touch the bruise as much as possible. But as soon as you finished, you grabbed your shoes and ran down stairs.

Walking into the living room, there was no one in sight, all you could hear was a chatter coming from the kitchen. As you walked over there, you almost ran into Mr. McCreery who was just walking out of the kitchen “oops sorry” he said walking around you “wait, where is Ashley & (sisters name)” you asked “upstairs” he said as he looked at you, then turned back around and walked out the front door. “goodness, couldnt they stay in one place” you mumbled running back up the stairs and down the hall. Softly you knocked on the door and waited “come in” you heard from inside, opening the door, you found the two girls sitting on the bed watching a movie “oh hey (yourname) come over here” your sister said patting the bed, doing as you were told, you sat down and relaxed. “so how’d ya get that?” your sister as “huh?” “that bruise, right there” she said pointing to your arm “oh well see last night…” you began to say as you started to tell the story of what happened.

“and that’s the last thing i remember” you said finishing what you were saying “your brother is such a cutie” your sister said to Ashley “i know” she laughed a bit “it’s so cute how much he cares for you” your sister said turning towards you “yeah i guess..” you said trailing off as you looked down at your fingers, feeling a bit embarrassed. “what’s wron-” your sister began to say, but was cut off as someone knocked on the door “come in” she yelled. The door opened and peering in was one of Scotty’s friends “what do you need?” your sister asked confused “we need (your name) to come out real quick” he said “why?” you asked “just come, it involves Scotty” he said. Thinking for a moment, you climbed off the bed “fine” you said walking out of the room “i’ll be back” you said looking back at the girls, who nodded there heads and watched as you left the room. Following the guy out of the house, he repeatedly kept looking back at you, but you barely paid attention to him as you wondered why the guys wanted you outside.

Reaching the back door, the guy ran out and jumped off the porch. Slowly you made your way outside and looked around seeing no Scotty in sight “why’d you guys want me o-” you began but then suddenly arms wrapped around you and picked you up as they ran off the porch “ouch! my arm! LET GO, LET GO, LET GO!!!” you said in a bit of a whining voice. Being set down, you quickly grabbed your arm as it throbbed and in the same second you turned around and saw Scotty standing there “let me see your arm” he said “no” you said stepping away “come on” Scotty said stepping closer “no” you said stepping even farther back “why not?” he asked “because” “because why?” “because i dont want you to” “just let me see it” he asked “no” you said turning around and running from him “come back here!” Scotty called after you, but you didnt stop running. “whats going on?” you heard one of the guys asked “i dont know, just get her” Scotty yelled to them. Looking back you saw them barely a yard away, they were catching up fast. Getting tired you slowed down, one of the boys almost grabbed your right arm, but you pulled it away “just be careful of her right arm” you heard Scotty yell to them.

It felt like you were running forever, until Scotty said “wait”  a moment later they stopped running, looking back you saw that they had stopped completely, so you slowed down to a walk.

Then suddenly they came out into a full sprint right for you, beginning to run again you ran as fast as you could. Then the boys spread apart and some ran ahead of you, they were boxing you in. You had no where to run, then Scotty wrapped his arms around your waist and picked you up, stopping you from running. Kicking was all you could do, but it did nothing. “show me your arm” Scotty asked setting you down once again “no” you said “please” Scotty begged, this time you slowly lifted your sleeve and showed Scotty your arm “oh god” he whispered “it’s from the man” you said sadly “I”m sorry, i should of never left you there alone” he said pulling you into a hug “it’s fine” you said pulling away “come on” Scotty said picking you up and carrying you away “DUDE WHERE ARE YOU GOING?” one of his friends had asked, but Scotty didnt pay any mind to him.

Scotty walked over to his driveway and set you down, he then opened the passenger side door of the truck and gestured for you to get in. Not wanting to fight with him you climbed in, and watched as he got in the drivers side. “where are we going?” you asked “you’ll see” he said with a smile as he pulled out of his driveway. Looking in the rear view mirror, you saw his friends standing there looking confused, as you guys drove away.