Chapter 51...

‘I was hauling the hay, i was feeding the hogs and that summer sun had me sweating like a dog…’came through the speakers of your alarm clock, causing you to wake up, rolling over in your bed, you looked at the clock ‘7:00 am Monday’ groaning you slowly sat up in bed, rubbing your eyes. “it’s not even light outside, it’s too early” you mumbled to yourself grabbing your phone off the bed side table. Pressing the home button, the phone lit to light, you squinted as the bright light blinded you for a second, but soon enough your eyes focused as you looked at the screen on the phone again. ‘New message from Scotty (:’ was written on the screen, you smiled and opened the message ad quickly began to read it.

love you too, and be careful this week, dont get hurt too much, i’m not there to help you, haha!”

Laughing a bit, you set your phone back down on the table and pushed the blankets off yourself. Throwing your legs over the side of the bed, you stood up and stretched every muscle in your body, letting out a relaxed sigh. Just then a familiar smell of cologne surrounded you, looking down you realized you were still wearing Scotty’s sweatshirt, you smiled but then quickly slipped out of it and went to go get get dressed in something else.

Running your fingers through your hair a few times, you took a seat on your bed and picked up your phone and went to the message Scotty had sent you, you read over it a few times and smiled then typed a message back.

‘haha! i’ll try :P good luck with your first day of hollywood week, you better tell me EVERYTHING when you get back!’

Reading over it once, you quickly sent the message, and then put your phone to sleep as you shoved it into your pocket. Looking at the clock you rolled your eyes, seeing that it was time to go to school. Getting up off your bed, you turned around and starred out the window, to the silent house next door, a sadness rushed over you, but you pushed that feeling to the back of your mind, as you grabbed Scotty’s blue sweatshirt and pulled it over your head and shoved your arms through the sleeves, then you ran out of your room, through the hallway and down the stairs. “ready to go?” your mom asked, grabbing her purse and putting it over her shoulder, you nodded your head and soon enough you were both out the door.

In a way it felt weird getting a ride to school from your mom, because you were so used to getting one from Scotty every morning, but it was nice having the time just to think to yourself instead of having to listen to your bestfriend singing or talking.

Starring out the window, you watched as you pulled into the school parking lot. Nearing closer to the doors you saw a mess of blue surrounding the entrance, you were agape at the sight of the blue crew just standing there. Once your mom came to a stop you just sat there, looking at the guys. “were here” she said, thinking that you were still day dreaming, you nodded and slowly unbuckled your seat belt “you okay hun?” she asked “yeah, i’m fine, bye” you said quickly climbing out of the car, you heard your mother softly say goodbye as you closed the car door and heading for the school entrance. As you neared the guys, you couldnt help but think why were they out here still, they never were out here at this time, not even when Scotty came this late they wouldnt be there waiting.

“hey guys” you said coming to a stop as you reached them. They all turned around and looked at you, some of them smiled, some of them began to head into the building, and others just continued talking. “hey, (yourname)” one of them said, coming out of the mess, “hey, James” you said recognizing who he was “why are you all still out here?” you asked, as you began to head for the doors of the school. James followed you and easily matched his pace with yours as you entered the building “well, lets just say somebody, don’t even try to guess, asked us to keep an eye on you” he said stopping along with you as you reached your locker “Scotty, i’m guessing?” you asked grabbing the lock on your locker and putting your combination in “i told you not to guess” he said crossing his arms and leaning up against the locker next to yours. “i’m right, i know i am” you said with a smug smile “okay you are, but don’t tell him that you found out” he said “why?” you asked throwing your book into your locker and taking a new one out “he told me not to tell you” he said shrugging his shoulders “alright i won’t, now i’ll see later” you said closing your locker and walking away. “your sitting with the blue crew at lunch today!” he called behind you. Shaking your head slightly a small smile appeared on your face as you kept walking.