[ten]

after what seemed like hours of debating whether to just continue working or just to send my letter or resignation, i'm startled by someone tapping on my window.

i look to see who they are and roll down my window.

"you look like you're thinking really hard about something." jenna states.
"just thinking how i'm going to make it through the day without my morning coffee." i lie.

jenna looks to the door then back to me, "well how bout you come inside and i'll make you some."

i nod and open the car door and lock the car while walking inside with jenna.

***

"wow, this is some of the best coffee i've had."

"thank you. i try my best." jenna jokes.

god, why did i have to betray such a sweet girl. i'm such an idiot.

jenna breaks me from my thoughts. "so what do you think tyler has planned for you to do today?" she asks while setting down her cup.

"honestly, i really have no idea."

"well lets hope that it's easy, you look like you could use an easy load for once."

***

"joshua dun?" i turn around and i'm faced with mindy; tyler's secretary.

"yes, how can i help you?"

"mr. joseph would like to see you in his office, he says it's very urgent."

i nod, "thank you, mindy."

***

"what! you can't possibly be serious!" i practically shout at tyler.

"i'm sorry, but due to recently done budget cuts, i have no choice but to let you go josh."