[fifty four]

every time i tried to type ryan, i typed ryden.

"josh?" i turn around at that familiar voice and smile. "brendon!" i put layla down and hug him. "when the hell did you get back to the states?" brendon says when we break the hug apart. "i've been back for a couple of months now."

"so how was england and australia?"

"it was great, saw a lot of great things over the time."

"looks like you got a lot of great things here too." brendon motioned towards layla. "oh she's not mine, she's one of tyler's babies." i motion towards tyler and grayson and tyler just kind of waves while brendon has a shocked face. "when you said you were with someone named tyler, i didn't think you meant tyler joseph the billionaire of ohio."

"yeah, well i'm tyler as you already know." tyler reaches a hand out to shake brendon's. "brendon." he shakes his hand and goes back to place it in his pocket. "how're things between you and ryan?"

"we're doing great actually, might even think he's the one that i'd spend the rest of my life with." 

"i hope you two do, you're great for each other." he pulls his phone out and smiles. "that's him, i got to go, nice catching up with you two. maybe we can go on like a double date sometime, bye!." he scurries off to his car and leaves.

"that's brendon, your best friend?" i pick layla back up and nod, "since we were kids."

"he's an odd fellow, but i'm sure i'll get used to him."

***

we walk away slowly from the cribs and quietly close the door. "god this is what jenna has to do everyday." tyler whispers and plumps down on the couch. "she really deserves a long vacation." i whisper and plump down next to him. "that's it. i should send her on a vacation to wherever she pleases. i'll be back." he rushes out the door and i hear him drive off.

my phone starts ringing and i quickly grab it and answer not wanting to wake up the kids. "hello?"

"josh so i kind of told ryan you're back in town and he wants to meet up with you."

"now's not really a good time bren."

"tyler or the kids?"

"the kids actually, we just put them to bed and tyler just went in a quick trip right now."

"maybe we can head over there and talk?"

"yeah okay, just when you get here, please don't be loud."

"you know me best, and i'll try."