[fifty five]

ryan, brendon, and i sat in the backyard patio talking when we heard tyler's car pull up. not much longer the gate opened and tyler came walking into the backyard. "so, do you like, always wear a suit?" brendon questioned him and tyler laughed. "pretty much, yes." he walked over to the bar that was attached to patio.

brendon stared at him with wide eyes. "what?" tyler said and went back to getting the drinks. "dude you got your own little bar thing going on right here." tyler nodded and him and brendon started talking while making drinks.

"would you look at that, they're getting along well." ryan broke me out of thoughts. "i was afraid they wouldn't, when they met just earlier, he noticed how brendon is weird and pretty odd." ryan and i laughed while brendon and tyler came back to where we were. "what're you two talking about?" tyler asked while handing me my drink and sitting down next to me.

"just how weird and odd brendon is." brendon smiled and held his hands up defensively, "what can i say, i'm too weird to live, too rare to die."

"what were you two talking about?" i ask tyler. "nothing much, brendon just couldn't get over the fact how wealthy i am." ryan giggles and brendon just looks at him. "are we just going to sit out here and drink or we gonna have some fun?"

***

"let's just get this one home before he does something stupid." ryan and i pick up brendon off the ground and i throw him over my shoulder. tyler pulls the car around and ryan opens the door and i place brendon in the seat and put his seat belt on so he won't be going everywhere. same with ryan as he's almost as drunk as brendon.

not longer we pull up brendon and ryan's house. "c'mon." i tell tyler and we both pull both ryan and brendon out of the car. i search brendon's pockets for the house key and open the door and go up the stairs with tyler following me with ryan over his shoulder.

we both put them on the bed and watch as somehow even in sleep they manage to find their way to each other and how brendon pulls ryan to his chest interlocking their fingers. "they really love each other." tyler whispers. "i just can't believe it took them so long to realize it." we walk out of their room and lock the front door when we leave.

"what do you mean it took them so long to realize it?" tyler asks once we drive off. "we've known each other since high school, they were always real close. but then brendon started dating this guy dallon in college and they kind of departed from each other. but when they broke up him and ryan hung out more and by the time we were pretty much done with college, they were a thing."

"he dated a guy named dallon?" i nod, "is that the only thing you happened to grasp?"

"what was his last name?"

"i think it was weekes."

"tall fellow?"

"yeah, why?"

"i've known that guy since we were kids."

"really?"

"yeah, i remember him saying he was dating this one guy in college and was going to introduce him to me, but then they ended up breaking up."

"i wonder who else you know that's been somehow connected to people i know."

***

"hey thanks for watching the kids halsey."

"it was no problem josh, that's what friends are for." i wave bye to her and walk back into the house. "so that's her name." tyler walks up the stairs and i follow him, "what do you mean?"

"i see her talking to melanie at the office a lot, never knew her name though."

"in the morning we're definitely going to talk and figure out if anyone else we know are somehow connected to each other."