[sixty]

"brendon, there's something i need to tell you." he quirks his eyebrow and sits down in front of me. "now i know you two didn't exactly leave off on a good page and everything, but i think it's time you two put aside your differences and try to fix the problem."

"with who exactly?" i let out a shaky breath and look him in the eyes. "dallon." he looks at me and laughs. "dallon the guy i dated in college that made me drift away from my now husband, ryan?"

"that would be him." i look at brendon and pursed his lips and stayed silent for a few seconds. "brendon you don't have to meet up with him if you don't want to." he looks at me and sighs. "how'd you even find him? last i heard he moved across the country and got married."

"he's one of tyler's childhood friends." he sits up in his chair, "so when do we meet up then?" tyler texts me saying that dallon already arrived here. "right now actually. oh and later on we're going to meet with some of our old friends and some of tyler's too."

"it's like you already got the whole day planned. you're not dying are you?" i shake my head and start the car. "no but it is almost the end of what feels like a written life so why not make it end with a blast." he just shrugs his shoulders and pulls out his phone. "what if it's awkward between us? i mean i dated him and then broke up with him because i realized i wasn't in love with him but ryan. he was furious when he found out."

"it's only awkward if you make it awkward. besides, i think he may have gotten over being mad; it has been almost ten years."

"yeah but what if h-"

"the more you think of this turning out terrible, the more you'll chance it. just breathe and let your mind free." he breathes out and closes his eyes and then stares out the window. his eyes observe every building and i look back at the road and continue driving to tyler's condo, which i barely found out that he had a couple days ago.

when we got there brendon stepped out of the car and walked slowly next to me. i gave him a questioning look if he was ready to go inside, he nodded and walked behind me. "tyler, we're here." i could hear dallon and his' distinct voice and then we saw him walk out from the living room and dallon walking behind him.

dallon and brendon made eye contact and tyler walked over and stood next to me. "should we give them some privacy?" i nodded my head and walked with tyler outside. "does ryan know?"

"yeah he said he thought brendon should do this. and i believe he said he'd be here in about thirty minutes, along with some all our old friends." i laugh and shake my head, "i still can't believe that he offered to find them all and bring them here for one last laugh."

"he's brave. but let's forget about that and just enjoy this, this is like the end. let's make it go out with a blast. we won't ever get a chance to do this over again." so tyler and i stayed outside for almost thirty minutes before we walked back inside while ryan pulled up and walked behind us.

***

when the last of our friends walked through the door the living room was full. "remind us all why you wanted us all together." tyler and i stood up and looked at each and everyone of them. "there's not really much planned for any of us anymore. some of us weren't even seen or thought of throughout this whole thing." we continue looking at them until one of them speaks up.

"but why were we barely brought in? that's the only real question."

"i have no idea, but i think the person in charge knows the real answer." everyone looks at each other and shrugs. "but since we're all couples here and are all either connected to tyler or i from childhood friends, let's just drink and have a nice laugh."

so we all gathered around outside and looked at the sky, tyler and i shared a kiss that could last for eternity.

anyone you could even imagine was here, go ahead, imagine anyone you want, you can bet your ass they were here with us for the end. but that's mainly because they've been here since the beginning, even if they weren't talked about or seen, they were here.

from the very beginning to the very end.