[forty five]

josh walks into the room with his hoodie on, keeping his head down trying to keep it low-key. i watch him through the security cameras making sure my dad has no way of seeing him. my mom was angry that i was cheating, but then she found out how much i love josh and is i guess okay with it for now.

my dad though still believes he ruined my marriage and that he should have stayed here so he could have done his worst to josh. i just want him to understand and get it through his thick skull that me, his son is in love with that guy.

josh walked passed the front desk and made his way towards the elevators; swiping his key he makes sure he's the only one on the elevator and comes up to my floor. he gets out and continues to look around before stepping out and walking fast past the front desk and almost runs to my office.

"thanks cliff." i pat him on the back and make my way to my office to see the man i love in person again. as he hears the sound of the door opening he turns around still having his hoodie on. he runs over to me and engulfs me into one of his hugs and i smile and hug him back, "i didn't think that i'd make it to the elevator without someone recognizing me and calling security." josh whispers shakily.

i pull apart from the hug and place my hands on his shoulders and look him straight in the eyes. "you don't have to worry about that anymore. jenna knows, my mom knows, everyone knows not to hurt or touch you. you're safe in this building now."

"h-how to jenna react?" he puts his hands in his pockets and looks down at his feet. i pull his chin up, "vexed at first, then she understood and was jovial for us. it's all going to be okay, we can finally be together with no problems."

"tyler throughout everything you said and everyone you mentioned, you never once explained if your dad was okay with it. he was the reason why i left in the first place. i was so petrified of him, i still am, if he's not okay with this i'll always live in trepidation of him; i'll never feel secure knowing what he could possibly do." josh had tears building up in his eyes. one fell and i swiped it away with my thumb and held his cheeks in my hands.

"hey don't cry over spilt milk. he doesn't matter, he's not part of this relationship; i'm not scared of my father. for as long as we're together, you'll never be in harms way okay." he nods his head, "okay." he says in a quiet voice; i pull him into a hug and runs my hands through his hair and rub his back.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

***

i walk into my father's office and see that he's on the phone with someone. he looks at me and signals for me to wait but i don't have the patience. i press the button and end the call and he looks at me bitterly.

"what the hell tyler?"

"look i don't care if you're furious with me, i just need to tell you something."

"it better be important."

"i love josh, and i-"

"no tyler you're not g-"

"no! you're going to let me talk! i'm sick and tired of you thinking you can control my life, i'm an adult i can make my own decisions."

"well yo-"

"did i fucking stutter? now you're going to listen and you're only going to listen. and you're not going to interrupt me anymore. i love josh and jenna, mom, everyone knows about him and they're technically completely okay with it. we both love each other and i'll be certainly damned if i let you be in control who i get to love and be with. so i really don't give a rat's ass if you're not okay with it because i am going to be with josh, you will do nothing to hurt him or so help me god i will kill you. got it? good. nice we could have this chat."