[thirty two]

day two, twenty hours.

"i haven't seen you here before, you new here?" we just started i guess date? and i've learned his name is alex. "yeah, somethings happened back in ohio and i had to get out for certain reasons."

"so how long you been here?"

"just about two days now."

"do you like it here, so far?""

"it's nice ya know, but i'm just kind of passing through with my brother. what about you, you have an american accent, but you live here."

"i was born here then moved to baltimore at a young age. but then after going through some things with my ex boyfriend jack, i came back here to get a fresh start."

"jack, jack as in barakat?"

"yeah, how'd you know?"

"went to baltimore with a couple of friends in my high school years, met him and we became friends. hell i still talk to him to this day, he always talked about a guy named alex. and that alex is you. he still loves you know."

"he does?"

"yeah, after you left, he locked himself away. he tried dating others, but his heart was always set on you."

"you think he'll take me back."

"i know he will."

***

day two, twenty one hours thirty minutes.

"hey jack."

"josh! heard you're taking a little trip out of the states with your bro."

"i am, and on my first stop i met someone."

"pray, do tell."

"alex."

the line goes silent. "jack." alex speaks into the phone and i hear jack's voice and alex's face light up and smile.

they continue talking for what seems like hours, then alex hangs up the phone.

"i'm going to go back to him. thank you josh."

at least i can make someone's love life work out great.