[thirty one]

day one, fourteen hours.

"josh. josh." i make a noise that doesn't sound human like and open my eyes to see jordan right in front of my face making me jump. "anyways, while you were sleeping, like always, i went out and found some apartments for us."

i glance over at the clock and see that it's two in the afternoon. "when'd you get up?" my voice is still rough and groggy. "eight. i would have woke you up, but you looked so peaceful asleep. i got food." he hold up the bag and i rub my eyes and get out the bed and stretch. 

"it took me forever to find a taco bell here. went all the way to essex just to get it." i make a shocked face and begin eating and turn on the tv. "if you've seen this man contact the authorities." 

i look at the sketch and it looks exactly identical to jordan. "jordan is that you?" he looks up and then looks at me, "yeah i forgot to mention. some cop pulled me over and when i asked him what was wrong he told me i was driving on the wrong side of the street and i didn't believe him. then i remembered it isn't like back home and mentally face palmed myself and took off, and i may have ran over his foot. my bad."

"are you serious. we've only been here a day and your already doing something bad. that's my brother. but now we got to get you out of it."

***

day one, seventeen hours.

"look i'm truly sorry for the inconvenience that brother set upon you, is there somehow we can make this disappear?" 

"how 'bout this, you let me take you on one date and if it goes well, i'll let your brother off free." he's attractive, but not as much as tyler. tyler.

god jordan you owe me so much.