[forty two]

my math teacher almost caught me writing this

"uh, what? is...is that what you heard? because i'm pretty sure i said, i can't wait to see the kids and take them everywhere." i say quickly, i hear josh mutter through the phone, "nice save, totally buy able." i whisper back "shut up."

"no no tyler, i'm pretty sure what i heard was what you said."

"are you sure, i'm pretty sure that's what i sa-"

"tyler! do not mess with me right now! what the hell did you mean by that?!" that was the first time jenna has ever raised her voice at me...ever. i swallow the lump in my throat and josh is whispering "it's going to be okay, everything gonna be okay."

jenna taps her foot on the floor and holds one hand on her baby bump. i continue staring at her and i can feel my heart racing over a million miles, it feels like my heart is going to burst. "i'm waiting for answer."

i nod my head and suddenly i can't say anything. my throat is dry, i feel like vomiting, and i feel like passing out. by the taste of metallic on my tongue i realize that i bit the inside of my cheek hard enough where blood came out. i stand up and fiddle with my tie; taking one look at jenna then the bump... and i ran.

i ran through every single one of my employees including my father all while on the phone with josh. the security guard saw me run pass him and followed me. running through the parking lot he chased me and he wouldn't stop. finally i stopped and turned towards him and tried my best to gather the words i needed to get out. "i need your help."

"what is it mr. joseph? who's after you?"

"just get me out of here. please."