[thirty four]

week two, day four, hour twenty three

"j-josh?" i turn around and i see jordan standing there eyes red and puffy. i get up fast and rush to him and hug him. "hey what's wrong?" i run my hands through his hair knowing that always calms him down.

"you know how dreams can be nightmares? well recently in my dreams, people have been coming to get you. but they've never been able to. but in the one i had tonight, they somehow got you and i had to watch them take you while you screamed and thrashed. i couldn't move, i wanted to so badly, but i couldn't get to you."

i look down at him and he looks up at me and tightens his grip on me. "don't let them take you away from me josh. i need my big brother."

"it's okay, i'm not going anywhere. i won't let anyone take me, i'll never leave you. i need my little brother too. now come on, let's get some sleep okay."

***

week two, day five, hour ten

"are you two doing fine over there?"

"mom for the hundredth time, we're okay. i'd never let anything happen to him." i look over to jordan, still  sound asleep. "i know, i-it's just i'm a mother, it's my job to worry about my children. it's only cause i love you all."

"i know mom, i love you too. we'll see you soon okay. bye."