[twenty three]

jenna. here. right now.

i'm fucked.

***

"tyler you okay?" josh grabbed my hand and brought me back from thinking.

"y-yeah."

"just relax. it's going to be okay."

i nod and i answer melanie back, my new secretary.

"s-send her up." i nervously fiddle with my tie and wait for jenna to walk through that door.

i can't let josh see her pregnant, i mean her bump isn't really noticeable since she started wearing more looser clothes. i can't risk him finding this out, what if he won't love me anyone because of it.

knocking and the opening of the door breaks me from my thoughts, again. "tyler, i was so worried and stressed out about you. where were you?" jenna shows she hasn't slept in days, god i hurt her no matter what. "i'm sorry, i was just very shocked. and i was just crashing at some hotel. i didn't know how to go back home after i was drunk." lies, all i can say is lies.

"i'm glad you're okay. don't ever do that again." i nod and look over to josh as jenna hugs me, i hug back all while looking at josh. jenna tries to kiss me but josh clears his throat and grabs her attention.

"oh josh, i'm sorry i didn't even see you there. i'm glad to see you working here again."

"and i'm really glad to be working here again too." jenna turns back to me, "so how do you feel about maybe grabbing lunch or so?"

"i'd love too, but i have some things i need to get done, but lets tomorrow." jenna nods and then speaks again, "i can't tomorrow, i have another appointment tomorrow with dr. nygard, he wants to make sure everything is okay since i was under some stress." 

"right, i'll see you at home later okay."

"okay, bye.

jenna leaves and josh turns to me, "that was close wasn't it?" josh chuckles, "too close."