[forty six]

"it's time." the doctor burst into the room i was in. i turn around and look at him and he nods. "then let's do this." i follow him into the room and stand by jenna's side. "we're finally going to see the kids." jenna told me; i placed my hand in hers and she held on tightly.

"ready for the first push?" the doctor asked, and boy that was only the beginning.

***

seven years before

"hey who's that girl?" i whisper to my friend mark and point over to her. he looks and shakes his head, "that's jenna black, her family just moved here. why you interested?"

"shut up." i push him. "hey don't be rude. you just might be her type."

"i doubt she'd even be into me."

"wouldn't say that." i look at him. "and why's that?" he motions his head, "because she's coming over here." i look up in front of me and sure enough she's coming my way. "those are interesting tattoos.." she says.

"i'm jenna." "tyler." jenna looks down at my arm and observes them. "do they have a special kind of meaning to you? i don't mean to be rude but i've never seen such unique tattoos." she says shyly.

"you're not being rude, but maybe if you let me take you on a date i'll tell you."

***

"they're so adorable." i speak out loud when i see them both lying in their bassinets. 

"so what will the names of your children be?" the nurses asks us, birth certificates in hand.

we look at each other and smile, "for our son, grayson ryan joseph. and for our daughter, layla brooklyn joseph."

"beautiful names for two beautiful children."

***

three years before

"so that's what your tattoos mean." jenna says with a little sadness in her voice. "and it only took you four years to tell me." she says sarcastically.

"yeah well i've got an explanation for that." i reach inside my jacket and pull out the box and get on one knee. "jenna black, the first thing you ever said to me was 'those are interesting tattoos', and somehow i knew that you were different from everyone else. you've been by my side through it all, when i got into my father's business, when we bought our first house together. and i want you to be there til the day i die. so jenna black, will you do the honors of marrying me?"

***

"they both have your nose tyler." josh looks at me and smiles, "and they both have your beautiful smile." he adds on. "grayson has jenna's hair and layla has yours. they both look so much like you two."

this is the perfect moment. all the people that i love in the same room, there's nothing that could possibly ruin this moment.