[fifty one]

i stretch out on the bed and feel the empty space that once laid tyler. i sigh and roll out of bed and make my way downstairs calling tyler on the phone; straight to voicemail, he's probably busy with work. i turn the t.v. on and the news is on and before i got the chance to change the channel breaking news happened.

"it seems that in the fatal car crash the happened less than 10 minutes ago involved billionaire, tyler joseph. he's seems to be in critical condition and is being rushed to the hospital along with the two other drivers involved in this crash. we'll be back with more news later today." i continue staring at the t.v. not believing what he just said.

tyler's fine. i-i'm just having a bad dream. i pinch myself but that doesn't help, so i hit my face. come on i got to wake up from this nightmare. the ringing phone breaks me from my thoughts and back into reality. 

"hello?"

"is this joshua dun?" 

"yes, who's this?"

"i'm dr. capone, calling about tyler joseph. you're his emergency contact and by all means, you should come down here to the hospital."

"is he alive?"

"yes, but i believe you should come down here and see him for yourself."

***

the white walls, floors, everything just makes me more anxious as i walk down the hall to his room. my heart feels as if it's banging in my chest and my body is shaking. i reach his door and a doctor is about to walk in at the same time i do. "joshua dun?" he looks at me and i nod and he looks at his clipboard then back at me.

he opens his door and i walk in and he follows. there he lays, the man i love. "tyler suffered a head on collision resulting in a concussion and possibly memory lost. the wounds on his face will heal quickly but may leave possible scars. there is also a minor chance he may be paralyzed."

"h-how long until he can be released?"

"about a week or two, unless his injuries require him to remain longer." the machines start beeping fast and nurses and doctors come in and usher me out of the room. he was just fine a minute ago, what happened?