[forty three]

"you're not going to run and hide tyler."

"but i am josh, i have to."

"tyler i ran and hid when i found out he knew, and look where i am now; half way across the world, still hiding."

"i just can't believe that i have to tell her. i was so careful having it a secret, and i just let it all out not even knowing if she was anywhere near me."

"you can't blame this on yourself. she was going ton find out one way or another. it's better if she learns from you; your dad already thinks she knows, might as well just tell her."

"i just want to have a chance to at least see my children's faces once, just once before we divorce. before she possibly doesn't allow me to see them."

"you'll still have a right to gain custody of them."

"i'm still going to australia to visit you."

"god you're so damn stubborn."

***

"what are you doing, this isn't the private jet." i tell cliff, my security guard. "i know. if you could please just step out of the car sir, it'll be easier for the both of us."

"no. not until you tell me what the hell i'm doing here, when i specifically told you to take me to the private jet."

"mrs. joseph wants to speak with you."

"my wife, or my mother?"

"actually, it's both of them."

***

"now tyler you're going to tell us both what you meant by what you said." my mother scolded at me. "i can't mom."

"you can and you will." she taps on the table waiting for me to explain. i sigh, "i'm cheating on you." i mutter while i fiddle with my tie, nervous habit, and look around at my parent's house. "mind speaking louder for the people in the back?" jenna speaks breaking her silence.

"you're not going to like it." i tell her while putting my head down and focusing on fixing my tie now that i've messed it up. "tell me." she says through gritted teeth. i jerk up and slam my hands on the table, "damn it jenna why can't you just leave it alone?!" they both look at me angrily. i fix my suit and tie and look at them both.

"god, i've been keeping this a secret for so long; and somehow i just let it slip out the wrong place wrong time. i was doing so good." i point to jenna, "you were so oblivious, you're still oblivious. and mom, not even you know, only dad and mark knew, they were the only ones who knew."

they continue looking at me and i become hysterical. "you really want to know?" i whisper to jenna getting right in front of her face. she nods her head and i turn to my mother who's giving me a look maybe already have figured it out.

"i've been cheating on you for months now, almost a year."