[thirty nine]

i knock on his door while holding flowers behind my back, cliche right? who knows, maybe josh is a flower type of guy. i mean he likes wearing panties, who knows what else he might like doing.

"what are you doing here?" josh whisper yells looking over my shoulder. "i wanted to apologize about just having a sudden outburst about asking you to move back with me. i also brought you some flowers, when i saw them they reminded me of you." he blushes when i hand him the flowers.

"the flowers are nice thank you. and i forgive you, i- you can't be here right now." once again he looks over my shoulder. "why what's wrong? is someone after you?"

"no, it's my brother. he, he doesn't exactly like you." his voice gets quiet at the end. "is it because of all the commotion that happened right?"

"yeah, i've tried changing his mind, but he still doesn't see the best in you like i do."

"as long as you like me, that's all that matters to me." he pulls me into a kiss that's sweet and tender. "i love when you do that." i whisper when i pull away from the kiss. "i know." he whispers back at me and i feel myself twitch at the sound of his voice like that.

"i should get going before your brother sees me here." i kiss him one more time and take a step back but he pulls me by my tie. "no, no. he's going to learn to love you, just not as much as me of course." i walk forward back to him, he pulls me down to whisper in my ear. "and if you're good, i'll reward you tonight."

i definitely am going to be good for him.

***

"what the hell is he doing here?!" jordan yells when he walks inside the room. josh gets up fast but i talk before he can. "look i get you don't feel the best of way towards me, i get it. but i love your brother more than anything." jordan scoffs and turns towards me. "more than your children, or how 'bout your wife?"

"i know i may have some flaws-"

"flaws! is that what you think flaws means?! you have a wife, children on the way, and you can't keep your dick in your pants to be a good husband and father!"

"i'm sorry! but i love him, i'm willing to risk my whole career, divorce the wife i don't love anymore, even never to be able to see or be with my children all for him. i've never found anyone like him before, i've never found someone that i'd be willing to risk it all for them."

jordan calms down and walks slowly towards me. "do you really mean that?"

"yes, more than anything."

"then maybe, just maybe i won't hate you as much as before."

"i can live with that."