THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 2 - Introductions

Hiccup's P.O.V

Welcome to Berk. It snows here 75% of the time and hails the other25%. But today it was strangely warmer than it usually was. “Hiccup?” A voice called from downstairs. “Be right there!” I called as I adjusted my Viking helmet on my head and ran down the stairs. As I reached the living room I was greeted by my dragon, Toothless. He growled playfully as I scratched underneath his chin. “Morning Bud.” I greeted. “Son.” My Father stated firmly. I could tell from the tone of his voice it wasn’t going to be good. “Yes Dad?” I asked uneasily. I turned and faced him so I could try to read his expression. “Gobber has been telling me that you have been going off a lot lately.” My father stated as he crossed his arms. ”Oh um well you know there’s only so much you can take from Snoutlout and the others.” I tried. “Understandable.” The Viking chief agreed. Toothless growled impatiently as he nudged me from behind. “Alright, alright bud we can go flying.” I laughed. “I’ll never understand how you two can read each other like that.” Stoick said as he shook his head and plopped himself in a large chair near the fire pit. “OK then I’ll just be going now Dad.” I said as I assured Toothless out the door and followed behind him. “Not so fast Hiccup.” Stoick said. I sighed deeply before going back inside the house again. “Son, the dragons are your responsibility. I gave you the dragon academy for a reason, to train dragons and keep them under control. But you haven’t been there all week; you’ve been going off to who knows where!” My Father escalated. “Dad I’m sorry it’s just that I-“I tried. “Just what?” Stoick interrupted. “I’ve been having these awful nightmares.” I explained. My Dad’s eyes widened with realization and backed off a little. “About what?” He asked. “Um nothing too bad.” I lied. “Oh.” Stoick said with disappointment. “That’s why I haven’t been around the academy all week; I was just trying to take a break from it all. I need time to think, I guess.” I explained. “I understand Hiccup, but you need to return to your duties for Berk’s sake. You are the only one who understands those beasts.” My Father praised as he pulled me into a strong hug. “I can’t breathe Dad!” I choked. “Sorry Son.” Stoick apologized as he sat me down. I laughed uneasily as I walked towards the door again. “See ya Dad!” I said with a wave. “Goodbye Hiccup, don’t forget our conversation ok Son?” Stoick reminded. “I know Dad.” I stated as I closed the door behind me. “Let’s go Bud.” I said as I mounted Toothless. “Hiccup!” A voice shouted. “Ugh now what?” I whined. I turned around to see it was Astrid, Snotlout, Fishlegs, Ruffnut, and Tuffnut. “Hey guys.” I greeted. “Where have you been?” Astrid asked in a hurt voice. “Uh you know flying around.” I tried. “If you really think that’s going to fly, you’re kidding yourself.” Astrid said as she punched my arm. “Um ok… ouch!” I shouted. “Oh suck it up it’s not like it’s the first time you’ve been punched by me.” Astrid joked. “Yeah why do you always do that anyways?” I asked knowing she wouldn’t answer it anyways. “So where have you been?” Fishlegs added. “I was just taking some time off ok!” I shouted. The group stepped back surprised by my sudden outburst. “Geez what a drama queen.” Snotlout teased. I rolled my eyes and adjusted the stirrup for my saddle. “I’ll see you guys this afternoon at the academy.” I stated as I steered Toothless to start walking the opposite direction. “Where are you going?” Astird asked. “Nowhere.” I stated. “Uh and don’t follow me.” I added as Toothless and I dive bombed over the side of the cliff and took off. “This is getting ridiculous.” Astrid said as she pulled at her hair with frustration. “Yeah Meatlug and I need to work on our flying and Hiccup is the only one who can help.” Fishlegs said.  “Barf and Belch need aim practice too.” Ruffnut said as she nudged her brother, Tuffnut. “Please we don’t need Hiccup. Look Hookfang and I are just doing fine.” Snotlout said as he patted his sleeping dragon’s snout. The dragon woke abruptly and burst into flames causing Snotlout to fall back and scamper away. “Your point?” Astrid added as she mounted her dragon. “I’m going after him, anyone coming?” Astrid asked as she hovered in the air on her dragon. “I’ll go.” Fishlegs said as he mounted his Gronkle. “Count us in too!” Ruffnut and Tuffnut yelled as they raced each other to their dragon. “Alright let’s go.” Astrid said. “Wait for me!” Snotlout shouted as he joined all of them in the sky. “Changed your mind?” Fishlegs asked with a quiet chuckle. “Shut up! I’m only going because Astrid is, not because of Hiccup.” Snotlout explained. Astrid rolled her eyes as she signaled her dragon to fly faster. “Come on Stormfly, let’s find Hiccup.” Astrid whispered to her dragon. Stormfly chirped in agreement as she raised her wings and sped off into the direction where they last saw Hiccup.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all characters are owned by Disney and DreamWorks.