THE BIG FOUR STORY : Chapter 86 - To Cut One's Losses

Jack’s P.O.V

I felt utterly drained. Never before had I used so much power; now it showed exactly how strong I could be. I lied completely still in the snow, as Hiccup looked me over. He tried to help me up but I had zero energy. I could barely sit up, how could I expect myself to even stand? “What’s going on?” I murmured. Hiccup glanced my way before answering me. “Rapunzel did it. She healed Pitch.” Hiccup answered. Relief washed over me. “It was done. It was finally over.” I sighed. “Not yet, it isn’t.” Hiccup groaned as he draped my arm over his shoulder and lifted me up. I leaned against him as I used my staff as a crutch. “What it that?!” Hiccup exclaimed. I lifted my head to see a dark cloud like being expand in the air. It resembled a cloud almost as it moved subtly and rumbled. “It’s the shadow that possessed Pitch.” I answered. Rapunzel was standing just before the colossal shadow. “Rapunzel!” I shouted. Her long hair lay strewn around her. It’s golden color now a brown tone. Merida quickly ran to her and grabbed her. The shadow shook with rage as it floated above the girls. “Get out there!” I exclaimed. The girls quickly ran away as the shadow expanded and flew at them.  The shadow enveloped them and then threw them at the wall. As they flew through the air Toothless jumped into action. The scaly friend caught them just before they made contact with the rock wall. “Where is my vessel?!” The shadow questioned. Carefully I let go of Hiccup and leaned on my staff. I made my way towards the shadow using my staff to walk. “He is no longer your vessel! You don’t belong in this world any longer!” I shouted. The shadow only laughed in response.  “I will always belong in this world! As long as there is fear, there will always be darkness. “ The shadow chuckled.  “He just doesn’t get it, huh guys?” I laughed. Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel appeared by my side without hesitation. “It’s kind of sad, don’t you think?” Hiccup added. “Yeah! I mean the poor thing can’t even tell when he’s beat.” Merida laughed.  “This is so sad.” Rapunzel added. The shadow shifted and quickly lunged at me. It stopped mere inches from my face. “The only way to conqueror fear, is to face it. And the only reason we ever face it is for love.” I explained. At the very mention of love the shadow flew back in disgust. “This ends now. “ The shadow hissed as it expanded and covered all corners of the room in darkness. “Toothless!” Hiccup called. The dragon quickly flew towards Hiccup. In one quick swift motion Hiccup launched himself so he landed directly on the back of his dragon. The shadow used its power to cause the room to shake. Rock fell from the ceiling and dangerously landed close to me. I jumped out of the way as a large boulder came tumbling down and nearly crushed me. The girls too jumped out of the way as more debris fell. High up in the air Hiccup had Toothless fire multiple plasma blasts at the dark being but it was useless, it was too powerful.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.