THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 6 - Surprises

Jack's P.O.V

     I heard a quiet sigh before a figure appeared from the shadows. “My name is Rapunzel.” She said proudly. “Well nice to meet you Rapunzel.” I stated as I tried to extend my hand through my binds. She rolled her eyes and yanked on her hair causing my binds to tighten. “Are you kidding me?” I choked out. She smirked mischievously at my reaction and began to circle me slowly. I shook my head and leaned back in the chair. “How did you find me?” she questioned as she raised her frying pan. “Do you really expect me to answer your question when you have that in your hand?” I asked as I nodded towards her hand holding the frying pan. She lowered it with uncertainty but still kept it in her hand. “That’s a start.” I teased. She kept a straight face and inched closer. “Wait a minute.” I whispered as I looked all over the room. “Where’s my staff?” I questioned firmly. Rapunzel flinched slightly at my harsh tone of voice. “Why? Is it important to you?” She asked as she quickly glanced at her dresser. “Yes.” I answered while I flexed against my binds hoping that they would loosen. “Well I’ve hidden your precious staff, and you won’t be getting it back until you tell me why you are here.” Rapunzel explained. I groaned loudly at her response. “This isn’t a game sweet cheeks, I need that staff right now.” I said sternly. She narrowed her brows and shot me a look of annoyance. “You should have thought of that before you came in here.” She scoffed. I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by another voice. “Rapunzel let down your hair!” a coarse voice called. “Oh no.” Rapunzel whispered as she threw her long hair out the window. Her expression had changed to a panicked one and she murmured to herself frantically as she ran to every corner making sure everything was in order. “What’s going on?” I asked. She stopped her pacing and quickly glanced at me. “Oh no if Mother finds out you’re here….” She trailed. “Relax I bet you she won’t even notice me.” I stated. She shot me another look of disbelief and shook her head. “How can she not notice you? I mean look at you!” She panicked. “Rapunzel you know I’m getting too old to climb up there all by myself. Could you be a dear and pull me up?” The voice called again. “I’m coming Mother!” Rapunzel shouted as she ran to the window and started pulling her hair up. “You better be right otherwise she’ll have both our heads.” Rapunzel whispered. “If you had let me go and given me my staff we wouldn’t have been in this situation.” I whispered back. She rolled her eyes at my retort. “Oh how you do that every day Rapunzel I will never understand.” The voice praised. A cloaked woman climbed through the window and entered the room. She turned and faced the window and stared at the sky for a moment. “The Moon is beautiful tonight isn’t darling?” the woman asked Rapunzel. “Yes Mother.” Rapunzel agreed. The woman closed the shutters blocking out the world outside. “Thanks for the help M.I.M.” I thought sarcastically to myself. “Oh my little flower could you sing for me? Mother is feeling a bit run down.” The woman asked as she took down her hood and untied her cloak. “Sure Mother Gothel.” Rapunzel answered. She pulled out a chair for her Mother and handed her a hairbrush as she sat down. Rapunzel’s mother began brushing her hair slowly as she began to sing. “Flower gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse; bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the Fates' design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine. What once was mine.” Rapunzel sang. Rapunzel’s long hair started to glow as she sang. Suddenly the gray streaks in her Mother’s hair disappeared and her face tightened causing her wrinkles to fade. “That’s much better. Thank you darling.” Rapunzel’s Mother thanked. “No problem.” Rapunzel responded. “What in the world?” I asked myself. “Wow.” I exclaimed. Rapunzel’s head shot right at me then towards her Mother. “What is it my flower?” Her Mother questioned. “You didn’t hear that?” She asked. “Hear what Rapunzel?” Her Mother stated. “Uh never mind.” Rapunzel quickly murmured. “Rapunzel you know how I hate the mumbling, speak up please.” Gothel commanded. “Never mind Mother I’m just hearing things.” Rapunzel said. Gothel shook her head as she stood up from her chair. “It’s late I’m going to bed.” Gothel huffed as she went inside her bedroom. “Goodnight Rapunzel.” She bided. “Goodnight Mother.” Rapunzel said with a wave. Gothel  then closed the door and retired for the night.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all characters are owned by either Disney or Dreamworks.