THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 48 - The Plan

Hiccup’s    P.O.V

“Tell him what you told me.” Merida stated as she nodded towards Rapunzel. She turned to me and gestured to one of the tables beside me. All three of us sat down together and began to discuss or current situation.  “Well after you…you know…um died.” Rapunzel tried. ”No thanks to Jack.” Merida murmured as she rolled her eyes. Punzie shot Merida a quick glare before taking a deep breath and proceeding with her story. “After you died, and Merida took you back to the village, I decided to take on Jack on my own.” Rapunzel explained. I nodded for her to continue.  “He demanded the staff once I had it, and well we fought. “ She went on. “Fought? As in arguing or…?” I tried. “Both.” Rapunzel sighed. “Wow and how did that go?” I asked. “Well even without his staff he was stronger than me, so I struggled. He had me by my hair when suddenly he snapped out of it.” She explained. “You mean he went back to his normal self?” I asked. “Yes but he was clearly fighting back the nightmares inside him.” Rapunzel stated. “So basically Jack is still in there….so how do we fix him?” Merida questioned. “Jack told me to stay away, he told me to run.” Rapunzel cried. Her big, green eyes began to water as she continued to talk. “I can’t just leave him.” She cried. “It’s okay Punzie well fix this, there has to be a way.” Merida comforted as she hugged Rapunzel. “A way to fix him?” I thought to myself. “Not fix, heal!” I exclaimed as I stood up from the table. “What are you going on about Hiccup?” Merida asked. “When I was fighting Dark Jack he told me that Jack was suffering from a broken heart.” I explained. “And?” Merida questioned. “You can’t fix a broken heart but you can heal it!” I basically shouted in excitement. Both girls stared at me in confusion. “Rapunzel you can save Jack!” I concluded. “I can heal him!” She exclaimed in realization. “Are you sure this is going to work?” Merida asked me as she placed her hand on my shoulder. “No, but it’s worth a shot right?” I laughed.  Merida smiled at me comfortingly. “Alright but we’ll need a plan to trap him, so Punzie can get close enough to heal him.” Merida stated. “I know.” I settled.  Rapunzel suddenly gasped in excitement. “Guys I have Jack’s staff!” She exclaimed as she held up the magical item. “We could use it as bait!” Merida exclaimed. “This could actually work.” I said with obvious astonishment in my voice. Merida bumped me gently with her hip. “Well of course it’s going to work.” Merida stated as she squeezed my hand. I squeezed it back in comfort as I gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Her cheeks became red as she realized Rapunzel was watching us. “You two are so adorable!” Rapunzel squealed. Merida rolled her eyes at the girl. “Alright Hiccup I think it’s best to end this little show and get on with making a plan to trap Frosty.” Merida suggested as she sat back down at the table. “Okay I have a few ideas.” I stated as I sat back down as well. “You know the arena where we landed when we first got here?” I asked. Both girls nodded their head yes. “Okay good, we can use that as a cage.” I explained. “A cage?” Rapunzel questioned. “Yes the ceiling of the arena has a caged in roof. All we have to do is trap him inside with Punzie.” I explained. “Alright I see where this is going but how are we going to get him inside?” Merida asked.  “Jack isn’t that two sided Merida he knows what he wants. I mean all we have to do is stick both Punzie and the staff inside the cage and he’ll walk right in. “ I explained. Both girls gave me confused looks. “Uh well because Jack wants both the staff and Rapunzel.” I explained further. Rapunzel’s eyes widened as I continued. “I mean it’s pretty obvious.” I coughed out. “That’s brilliant Hiccup! There’s no doubt he’ll take the bait now!” Merida shouted.  “Wait so you guys think Dark Jack doesn’t just want his staff but me too?” Rapunzel asked. “Well I mean even normal Jack wanted you so…….” I trailed. Merida chortled as she saw how uncomfortable I was becoming.  “So how about it Punzie?” I asked her. She seemed to in deep thought as I awaited her answer. “I will do anything to save him.” She stated. “Alright looks like we a have a flawless plan then.” I laughed. “It sure looks like it.” Rapunzel stated as hugged Jack’s staff. “Jack will most likely come by at night.” I stated. “And it’s already sunset.” Merida added. “We should get a move on.” Rapunzel stated as she stood up and headed for the door. Merida and I followed her out silently. “Punzie do you even remember where the arena is?” I asked her. She stopped walking and turned around to face us. “No I don’t Hiccup. I suggest you show me where it is before the sunsets.” Rapunzel demanded. “Wow I haven’t seen her like this since…”Merida trailed. “Since never.” I finished.  “Well come on you two!” Rapunzel called. Merida and I stopped lollygagging and quickly caught up with Punzie.   We reached the arena right as the sun disappeared. “Okay Rapunzel go and wait inside the arena. Merida and I will be above we jump in –“ I started but Rapunzel interrupted. “No don’t try to come in the arena you could risk Jack’s capture. Just stay outside of the arena unless I call you. I can handle this myself.” She stated as she ran inside the arena. She sat with her legs crossed inside the cage and began to wait. It took two people to close the gate to the arena, so both Merida and I waited by the levers. Once Jack entered the cage we would close the gates, then Rapunzel would have to take care of him from there. We waited for what seemed like hours. “Ugh what is taking him so long?” Merida yawned. “Shh be quiet, he could be here any second.” I explained.  “Okay, okay I’ll be quiet.” She whispered at a lower volume. We remained silent and waiting a little longer. “Rapunzel hasn’t budged, do you think she fell asleep?” I asked Merida. “Oh ok so it’s fine for you to talk but I can’t, oh that is so far of Hiccup.” Merida said loudly. I quickly clasped my hand over her move the moment I saw movement.  Merida clawed at my hand desperately. I released her but as soon as I did she opened her mouth. I quickly brought my finger to her lips to silence her. I pointed below into the arena. “I believe you have something of mine Princess.” Dark Jack said to Rapunzel. She straightened at his statement. “That depends are you the real Jack Frost or the mean one?” She asked him. He laughed hysterically at her comment until he finally caught his breath. “I guess you could say I’m the mean one sweetheart, but I really haven’t been very mean to you have I?” he stated. “You attacked me!” Rapunzel exclaimed as she stood up. “You possessed my friend, you are evil.” Rapuznel accused. “Evil is such a not fun word.” Dark Jack stated as moved his hands to make air quotes. “Well that’s what you are so…”Rapunzel trailed as she stepped closer to him. Merida bumped me gently to get my attention. She pointed towards the levers. “Oh right I almost forgot that we had to close the gate.” I thought to myself. Quickly and quietly Merida and I moved to the levers. At the same time we pulled the levers downward causing the gate to fall, trapping both Dark Jack and Rapunzel inside the cage. “Good luck Punzie.” I whispered under my breath.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.