THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 68 - True Love

Jack’s P.O.V

“Listen Jack, I know I’ve been the weak link and all in the group because I’ve been scared…but the thing is I’m not scared anymore.” Rapunzel explained. I was at first surprised by her sudden change of heart, but now that I thought about it she really has changed. Rapunzel has been through so much this past year and I hadn’t even realized it. She was thrown into this spiral of events before she could even adjust to the world around her. Rapunzel has changed so much from the first day that I had met her. “No, she really hasn’t changed…Rapunzel has grown up. “ I thought to myself.  Of course the term of growing up has always led to stop believing but Rapunzel would never stop believing. She has always believed in her dreams, she has never given up on them, so why would she give up on me and discontinue believing. In truth Rapunzel was someone most people aspired to be. Of course she seemed innocent towards the world but here and now I could see the beautiful, young woman she has evolved into. “Rapunzel, you’ve never been the weak link. In fact I believe you to be the strongest. When I was under Pitch’s control you managed to bring me back, and that was no easy task.” I explained. “I suppose but-“ Rapunzel tried but I cut her off with a short and chaste kiss. “Suppose nothing Rapunzel. You were chosen for a reason. I believe you have the strength and courage to take Pitch down. You aren’t the little girl I found alone in that tower anymore.” I teased. Rapunzel blushed and turned away. “I know but…What if I can’t stop him Jack. What if we lose? What if I lose Merida? Or Hiccup? What if I lose you Jack?!” Rapunzel exclaimed as she threw herself into my arms. “You will as long as you believe it Rapunzel. You must have faith.” I cooed softly. She lifted her head to look at me. “You’re right Jack, I have to believe.” She stated with her eyes glimmering with hope. “That’s the spirit!” I exclaimed. She laughed with me and leaned against my side. “Jack?” She called. “Yes, Princess?” I teased. She suddenly sat up straight and faced me. “We’ve been together for a while now and I feel like I’ve maybe...developed very strong feelings for you.” Rapunzel stated. I couldn’t help but kiss her! She had just pronounced her love for me. I felt completely invincible in this moment.  I didn’t even respond in all of the excitement. So I placed my hand on her cheek gently and slowly pulled her face closer to mine. But just as her lips were about to meet mine I saw something out of the corner of my eye, almost like a shadow. “Oh no.” I thought to myself. I pulled away from Rapunzel and looked over her shoulder towards the shore. There on the small beach I could see Pitch standing there. He was alone, but knowing him he had some sort of trap set up for us. “Is there something wrong?” Rapunzel asked. “Of course not, there’s just something I need to take care of.” I promised. I glanced back over to the beach to see that Pitch was gone, but there was doubt that he was lingering in the shadows. I stuck my staff in the water and used my power of the wind to help push the boat towards the shore. Of course there was something wrong but I didn’t want to ruin Rapunzel’s day. Today had gone so well all together. This would for sure destroy it. Once we reached the shore I quickly jumped off of the boat rather tense. “Jack are you sure you’re okay?” She questioned. “I’m fine, just wait here okay?” I stated. Rapunzel took a short moment to look me over. She seemed as if she highly doubted the fact that I was alright, she of course was right but I couldn’t tell her that. “Just wait here, I’ll be right back.” I promised. “Okay, I’ll be here….I guess.” She sighed impatiently. “It will only be a second.” I swore as I kicked off of the ground and flew along the shore. I was flying so fast that I almost missed Pitch if he didn’t say a rude remark as I passed by. “Are you in a hurry? Perhaps you have a hot date waiting for you?” Pitch teased. He stood on the shore with his arms behind his back. His stature seemed not as threatening as usually which made me even tenser. “What do you want Pitch?” I questioned. Pitch raised his hands in surrender and flew up on his cloud of nightmare sand to reach me in the sky. He stopped before me and let the tendrils of sand pour out of the cloud that he stood on to remain airborne. “Relax Jack I’m only here to bargain.” Pitch swore. “Yeah right.” I huffed as I pointed my staff at him.  “Just hear me out Jacky; this will be quick and painless. But if you make this difficult I might have to add a few more pieces to the playing field.” Pitch laughed as he gestured towards Rapunzel. I glanced over in that direction to see that she had climbed out of the grounded boat. She was alone on the shore unprotected. “You left her alone again you idiot!” I scolded myself. Not too far in the bushes there were two large men. Both resembled each other greatly, almost as if they were twins, besides that one of them wore an eye patch. They slowly climbed out of the bushes and snuck up behind her. I opened my mouth to warn her but Pitch manifested right behind me and clasped his hand over my mouth in order to silence me.  “Jack?” She called out as the two thugs approached her. “Sorry girly Jack had to take a leave of absence.” One of the thugs chuckled. “What?” Rapunzel gasped. “Play along Jack, otherwise the Princess gets hurt. Just follow my lead.” Pitch instructed. “Why should I listen to you?!” I exclaimed as he released me. “Because if you don’t then poor little Rapunzel will get hurt, and this time you won’t be there to save her.” Pitch swore. I stared longingly at Rapunzel as the two thugs closed in on her. “Better hurry and make a decision now Frost before those two really have their way with her.” Pitch teased. “What do you want me to do?” I asked. “It’s simple really….All I want you to do is shake my hand at the precise moment.” Pitch explained. “That’s it?” I questioned. “That is it.” Pitch promised as he offered me his hand to shake. Deep down I knew this was a trap, but I cared so deeply for Rapunzel that I didn’t care what happened to me. All that mattered was that she was save, and out of harms way. After all true love is putting someone else before yourself.

None of these characters are mine. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney of DreamWorks.