THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 87 - We'll Be Here

Hiccup’s P.O.V

This thing was far different than any other fearling or nightmare I had faced. It was practically invincible as I attacked in every possible way. Jack was out of juice at this point and Rapunzel was inoperable. Merida was grounded as I flew above firing away using Toothless. The shadow was cunning as it dodged my plasma blasts. One moment it was there and then the next it wasn’t. It had this ability to disappear and become one with the shadows. I needed some light. It was too dark to make it out. Everything was falling apart again. We had it all figured out, but once the shadow got free it was all over. Originally I thought the shadow would die with the healing of Pitch, but I was wrong. It was only expelled from him. Pitch still laid unconscious beside Rapunzel. At this point he seemed dead, but it could just be his body coping with its new found freedom. Whatever this shadow was, it seemed powerful and unyielding. We currently at our lowest and it all seemed hopeless. Merida scoped out the area but the shadow was gone it seemed. “Do you see it?” I asked from the back of Toothless. “Look out!” Merida screamed but it was too late. The shadow had burst forward and revealed itself. It smashed into Toothless and I causing us to tumble downward. I was thrown from Toothless’ back and spiraled towards the ground below. “Hiccup!” Jack exclaimed as he tried to fly forward to catch me, but his powers were caput. Toothless fired a shot of his plasma blast in retaliation towards the shadow as he to fell, but missed. His blast hit the ceiling causing rock to fall and split. The ceiling cracked causing sunlight to pour into the room. The room instantly lit up and the shadow screeched in horror in response. I continued to fall as did Toothless but just as I was about to make contact with the ground I saw my dragon dive underneath me. Toothless had broken the fall using his body. He had saved me again. I looked over Toothless immediately, his harness was smashed, but his prosthetic tail fin was still in one piece. “Thank the gods.” I sighed.  “Hiccup! Are you alright?” Merida questioned as she came running towards us. “We’re okay, but I don’t think he is.” I stated as I gestured towards the shadow. The dark mass was twisting away from the sunlight that poured from the hole in the ceiling. “It looks like it doesn’t enjoy the sun. That explains why he didn’t like Rapunzel.” Merida added.  The shadow managed to cower away in the darkest corner of the lair. It stayed put hidden in the darkness. “I think we need some more light Hiccup!” Jack shouted from across the room. Toothless groaned in pain as he got back on his feet and shook off the dirt that covered him. “I know Bud, but we gotta take care of him. Just a view blasts okay?” I cooed. The dragon grumbled before sitting back on its hind legs and expanding his wings. Toothless opened his mouth wide before letting the gas gather at the back of his throat and firing at the ceiling. The ceiling instantly fell apart letting even more sunlight in. The shadow cried out in pain as the sun came into contact with its dark mass. Soon the whole ceiling was gone and only rock covered the ground. I watched on as the shadow twisted in pain. Its dark shadowy figure burned and sizzled from the sun. Soon its whole body burned up and only ash remained. “This isn’t the end! There will always be fear!” The shadow shouted as it completely disappeared. Suddenly Jack and Rapunzel appeared beside Merida and I. “And we’ll be here.” Jack added as the shadow’s remains burned up.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.