THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 26 - The Guardians

Jack's P.O.V

“North!?” I shouted as the four of us entered the workshop. “Phil have you seen North?” I asked the large yeti. He shook his head no and continued working on a toy. I groaned impatiently. “Relax Jack I’m sure he’s somewhere in the workshop.” Merida stated as she walked towards the globe. “Frostbite?!” A voice shouted. I hung my head in annoyance because I could already tell that it was Bunnymund calling me. Bunnymund ran extremely fast from the top floor to the globe room. We exchanged a few glares before I was tackled by Tooth. “Jack! Oh open wide darling let me see your wonderful teeth!” She shouted gleefully. “Tooth fingers out of mouth.” North commanded as he entered the room with Sandy. Tooth reluctantly released me. “Nice of you to show up North.” I stated as I swung my staff over my shoulder. North chuckled as he approached me. “So how did it go?” North asked. I laughed with uncertainty. “Yeah about that….” I trailed. “Let me guess you let one get away.” Bunnymund stated as he twiddled with his boomerang. I shot an angry glance at him. “You know what Kangaroo I’ve had enough of you!” I shouted as I started to charge him. Suddenly both Merida and Rapunzel jumped in front of me. Both gave me a motherly glance to “Knock it off”. I groaned in frustration and tried to charge Bunnymund again. Merida grabbed an arm and Rapunzel grabbed the other preventing me from attacking Bunnymund. “Alright fine.” I sighed as I stopped struggling. Merida and Rapunzel high fived one another with their spare hands that weren’t holding me back. “What’s this? Frostbite has his own team to keep him in check?” Bunnymund teased. “Alright that’s it!” I shouted as I charged him once again. Suddenly Toothless roared causing the room to fall silent, and my attack on Bunnymund to seize. Everyone turned to Toothless and Hiccup. “Thanks bud.” Hiccup thanked as he pet his dragon. “What was that all about?” Merida asked. “It was just my way of telling Jack and Bunnymund to stop fighting.” Hiccup chuckled. Rapunzel laughed at Hiccup’s answer and released my arm. Merida did the same and approached Hiccup. They stood side by side to one another and looked towards the Guardians. “So this is the Team?” Tooth asked. “Sharp don’t you think?” North stated as he pointed to the three. “I wouldn’t say that.” Bunnymund teased. “Especially if Frostbite over here is in charge of this group.” Bunnymund added. Hiccup, Merida, and Rapunzel all glanced towards me expecting me to charge Bunnymund once more, but I held back. “So how did the hunt go? Tooth asked in hope of changing the subject. I sighed as I leaned on my staff. “There was a lot more than we had thought. We were able to destroy most of them.” I tried. “Most of them?” North questioned. I opened my mouth to continue but was interrupted by Merida. “Jack is being too modest. There was practically an entire army of them. We had destroyed them all except…..”Merida trailed. “One.” Hiccup finished for her. The Guardians all held worried expressions. “And you let it get away? Do you know how much damage that one nightmare can do?” Bunnymund stated as he bent down and scratched behind his ears with his foot. “Look don’t blame it on them it was my fault, I let it out of my sight and lost it.” I tried. “Don’t listen to him, it wasn’t his entire fault…..It was all of our faults. We know how dangerous it is to have let one slip away, but we can fix this.” Rapunzel tried. “Pitch could already be up and out of his domain by now! He’s probably already preparing another army of nightmares as we speak.” Bunnymund huffed. “Bunny it’s just one nightmare, even if it did get away it is still very easy to track.” North tried. “At what cost though? A child’s belief in hope, dreams, wonders, even their fondest memories. Is it worth it?” Tooth explained. “She’s right; we need to prevent any harm to the children.” I stated. “And that’s exactly what we will do.” Hiccup interrupted. North chuckled in awe. “See very sharp group indeed.” North laughed as he patted his belly. “You guys need to keep the children’s beliefs strong. In the meantime we will hunt down the nightmare.” I stated towards the Guardians. “Man in Moon has picked you four for a very special reason and I feel that this is it.” North said with a jolly smile. “This plan can’t go wrong; even if we fail you guys will still have the children protected.” Merida cheered. “Don’t say that Merida, we won’t fail.” Rapunzel said with confidence. “That’s right.” Hiccup laughed. “Here you never know when you will need these.” North stated as he handed Merida, Hiccup, Rapunzel, and I snow globes. “Come here Toothless.” Hiccup assured. “Toothless?!” Tooth exclaimed in horror. She flew towards the dragon and opened his jaws. “There’s no teeth?!” She cried. When she released his jaws Toothless let his teeth come out. “There they are!” She laughed. “My they are very sharp, and clean.” She complimented as she stepped back a bit. I couldn’t hold my laughter in any longer as I fell to the ground laughing. Everyone else started to laugh too. I sat up once I seized laughing and looked at Rapunzel. She was still laughing. “Her laugh….it’s so…..cute.” I thought to myself. “Well I better get back to the Warren, got to start preparing for next Easter.” Bunny said as he tapped the ground and caused a hole to appear. “ See ya Kangaroo.” I bid as I stuck out my tongue at him. “See ya Frostbite.” Bunny shot back with a sly smile as he jumped into the hole and disappeared. A small flower sprouted from the place where he had just been standing. “Wow.” Merida and Rapunzel said in unison. “I best be off as well, got plenty of teeth to collect and what not.” Tooth stated as she fluttered her wings. “Hey wait!’ I called to Tooth as I got up and ran to her. “How’s Baby Tooth?” I asked out of breath. She smiled softly and placed her hand on my cheek. “She’s doing just fine, Jack. Sorry I didn’t bring her. She was actually paying a visit to a little girl in Burgess who recently lost her front teeth. Jaime’s little sister.” Tooth explained. “Sophie?” I asked with a soft chuckle. “Wow she’s already lost her front teeth. I’ll have to visit them soon.” I sighed. “I missed them dearly, and I haven’t seen them since this past winter.” I thought to myself. “You should, they enjoy your presence greatly Jack.” Tooth said as she hugged me quickly. “Bye Jack.” She bid as she flew out of the skylight. “Who’s Sophie?” Rapunzel asked. “She’s a little girl in Burgess. She’s also the sister of my first believer.” I explained. Rapunzel smiled at me softly as she walked up to me. “Oh so it’s no one I need to worry about.” Rapunzel murmured quietly but it was still loud enough for me to hear it. “What was that?” I asked slyly. Rapunzel’s cheeks instantly pinked in embarrassment. “Nothing.” She snapped. I chuckled softly and wrapped her into a hug. “Ugh will you two stop with the mushy romance stuff?” Merida groaned as she leaned on Toothless. The dragon gave an annoyed looked to Rapunzel and I. “You too Toothless?” I laughed. The dragon just rumbled back and shook his head. I felt a small poke behind my leg and turned around instantly to see who was poking me. I looked down and saw Sandy waiting patiently for me. “Hey Sandy.” I greeted. Sandy smiled purely and waved at me, then Rapunzel. She bent down to his level and greeted him. “Hello.” She greeted. Sandy blushed softly and smiled. “Oh are you leaving too?” I asked. Sandy nodded yes and assured me to bend down. I did as he asked and bent down. Sandy patted my head brotherly and waved goodbye as he conjured up a large plane to fly out of the skylight with. “Bye Sandy.” I said as he flew out of the skylight.

 These character are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.